Website Weir Minerals Africa
Weir Minerals provides the mining industry with engineered processing solutions.
Weir Minerals Africa invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021/2022 Academic Year.
Weir Minerals provides the mining industry with engineered processing solutions. Are you experiencing issues on your site? Working with customers worldwide, we use our technical expertise and extensive footprint to help solve problems and optimise your entire process. From reducing downtime to boosting throughput and increasing plant capacity, we can provide a customised, fully integrated solution. Whether you need slurry transportation equipment or a mine dewatering system, we’ve got you covered. We can supply classification and separation as well as crushing and grinding equipment for efficient processing. Protect your valuable assets with our durable wear lining materials, and at the end of your process we can provide a sustainable tailings and pipeline solution.
Weir Minerals Africa are inviting 1st year Engineering students, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Weir will be awarding bursaries, only for studies within these fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and a monthly allowance. Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to take part in 6 to 8 weeks of vacation work each year.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for Weir for a period equal to the period of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 21 days of the closing date – if you do not receive feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time, towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications
- You must be currently in the 1st year of study
- You must studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% or “C” symbol
- You must be computer literate and able to work in MicroSoft Office
- You must have good planning and organisation skills
- You must be adaptable and flexible
- You must cope well under pressure
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualifid):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on university letterhead)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Please note: there is no application form to complete, only the above 3 documents must be submitted.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Weir Minerals Bursary Application” in the email subject line).