Website The Noakes Foundation
Job Vacancy at The Noakes Foundation: Eat Better SA Programme Manager. The The Noakes Foundation invites applicants to apply for Eat Better SA Programme Manager Vacancy in Western Cape.
The Noakes Foundation is a Non-Profit Corporation founded for public benefit which aims to advance medical science’s understanding of the benefits of a low-carb high-fat (LCHF) diet by providing evidence-based information on optimum nutrition that is free from commercial agenda.
EBSA is the community outreach branch of The Noakes Foundation and is a movement aimed at educating South Africans to eat better.EBSA’s mission is to educate under-resourced community members about the dangers of excessive sugar and refined carbohydrate consumption and to teach them how to make better food choices through dietary education, meal and budget planning, and general nutritional awareness.
Eat Better South Africa (EBSA), is recruiting a Programme Manager to lead its program for the coming year to be based in Western Cape.
Role: This is a full time one-year contract role with the option to renew subject to secured funding. The accepted candidate is required to start as soon as possible.
Salary: Up to R25,000 CTC per month
Reports to: Foundation COO and board members
- Working closely with multiple research partners, board members and team members. The programme manager will:
- Assess current activities, come up with new strategies, projects and ideas as well as enhancing the current activities.
- Finalise the plan for the year, budget and deliver a solid research, educational and awareness programme.
- Initiate fundraising proposals and secure future funding for the programme.
- Five or more years of experience independently running NGO or governmental programmes, ideally in the food systems or healthcare sector.
- A solid existing network of contacts in this area.
- Robust, demonstrable experience in running programmes and demonstrating their effectiveness through reporting, feedback loops etc.
- Relevant qualification and/or postgraduate qualification in this sector (development/education/nutrition/medical/marketing).
Please send your cover letter & CV to [email protected]