Website Southern Africa Trust
The Southern Africa Trust supports civil society organisations in southern Africa to participate effectively and with credibility in policy dialogue so that the voices of the poor can have a better impact in the development of public policies.
Job Vacancy at Southern Africa Trust: Chief Executive Officer. The Southern Africa Trust invites applicants to apply for Chief Executive Officer Vacancy in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Southern Africa Trust supports civil society organisations in southern Africa to participate effectively and with credibility in policy dialogue so that the voices of the poor can have a better impact in the development of public policies. We are an independent, regional, non-profit agency registered in South Africa who support.
The Board of Trustees seeks to appoint an experienced visionary leader to deliver the strategic goals of the Trust. The role is also responsible for ensuring that the Trust is a recognised, sustainable and a preferred strategic partner by all its stakeholders.
Opportunity type: Employment
Contract type: Three year Fixed Term Employment
Competitive salary package
- Drive the implementation of the organisational strategic plan and institutional culture that upholds the organisational values;
- Provide oversight in the management of organisational resources in accordance with the stipulations of PFMA and IFRS, inclusive of the Trust’s budget and finances;
- Lead and oversee resource mobilisation for the Trust
- Provide strategic risk management and governance oversight;
- Lead monitoring and regular reviews of the implementation impact and if needed ensure relevant adjustment to the strategy
- Ensure adequate, efficient and effective management of all relationships with donors and key stakeholder groups
- Oversee the management of the Southern Africa Trust Enterprise, a profit – making entity to drive the sustainability of the Trust;
- Establish proper infrastructure and best practices for effective partnership development and management
- Lead the sustainability initiatives including financial, social and environmental to drive organisational performance
- Provide intellectual leadership and oversee development of initiatives for dialogue and knowledge exchange in overall advocacy and policy development
- Build and develop political and social networks with other institutions and NGOs, and building strong relationships with strategic partners and stakeholders, at national, regional and global level
- Oversee and ensure sound results oriented operational, financial and personnel performance and management
- The candidate must hold a relevant Masters Degree qualification, must also have at least 10 years’ of relevant experience, with at least 5 years at an Executive Management level.
- The candidate must have a proven track record of successful leadership and management of effective teams, working with Boards; knowledge of the SADC region’s social, political, environmental and economic context; excellent communication and external relationship skills, solid resource mobilisation skills, ability to work with stakeholders and build strong relations, people and diversity management.
- Must be highly motivated to deliver positive change alignment to the Trust values, with a sound understanding of poverty challenges and human rights development.
Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining of your interest in the work of the Trust to email [email protected]
Please include the position title you are applying for in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Southern Africa Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The Southern Africa Trust reserves the right to modify this job advert or not to make an appointment.