Website Capitec Bank
Capitec is South Africa’s leading digital bank with over 8.6 digital banking clients. We have also been named the third strongest banking brand in the world.
Job Vacancy at Capitec Bank: Business Banker. Capitec Bank invites applicants to apply for Business Banker job in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
Capitec is South Africa’s leading digital bank with over 8.6 digital banking clients. We have also been named the third strongest banking brand in the world. Through our innovative solution to banking, called Global One, we allow over 16 million of our clients to transact, save, insure and access credit in real-time. We give all our clients access to the same affordable service, regardless of their level of income.
About the job
- To provide a business centre-based Business Banking sales and service function that will retain and grow a portfolio of business clients by identifying and implementing value adding and specialised business banking financial products solutions from a range of standard and/or customized offerings.
- Banking experience of at least 3 years
- Experience of managing a portfolio of business customers with a service and financial analysis focus.
- Experience in preparing and motivating Credit applications
- Cost control and sales management
- 1+ yr spent in the Business Banking environment preparing and motivating credit application
- Diploma in Commerce or Finance
Qualifications (Ideal Or Preferred)
- FAIS accredited as Key Individual and approved by FSCA
- Customer relationship management (CRM) principles and techniques
- How to interpret financial statements, balance sheets and basic financial ratios
- Standardized business banking transactional products and other core products relevant to small enterprises
- Business banking product offerings
- Understanding of collateral and balance sheets
- Multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships, etc.) in the business banking market and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective
- Companies and Intellectual Properties Registration Act (CPIC) for correct documentation/mandate preparation purposes
- Knowledge of competitors offerings
- Regulations, Acts and Codes related to the banking environment.
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS), the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA)
- Features, benefits and value propositions of the respective company product/service offerings.
- Current taxation laws as they apply to customers.
- A good knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Commercial Thinking Skills
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Communications Skills
- Influencing Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Decision making skills
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Willingness to work flexible hours (including Saturdays and Public Holidays)
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals
For further information regarding this job posting, please contact the Capitec Talent Acquisition Specialist:
To apply for this job please visit careers.capitecbank.co.za.