Website USAID VukaNow Project
Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeks a Grants and Subcontracts Officer for the USAID/Combating Wildlife Crime in Southern Africa Activity.
USAID VukaNow Project Grants and Subcontracts Officer Vacancy. Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeks a Grants and Subcontracts Officer for the USAID/Combating Wildlife Crime in Southern Africa Activity. This four-year program aims to support the shared commitments of the U.S. Government (USG), the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), member states, private sector partners, and civil society to dramatically decrease wildlife crime across Southern Africa. The purpose of the Activity is to coordinate learning and support strategic regional activities to address wildlife crime challenges. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Assist in developing ‘request for proposals’ documents, place these in appropriate media as advertisements and manage the resulting applications in a systematic way to facilitate ease of assessment and evaluation
- Receive, collate, and sort applications into categories based upon their compliance to required application criteria – filtering out non-compliant applications, working with largely compliant applications to meet requirements, and informing applicants of progress with their applications;
- Manage all aspects of the assessment committee: preparing applications and providing them pro-actively to the assessment panel members; convening the assessment meeting; managing the proceedings of the assessment committee meeting; collating results and recording meeting proceedings reports; communicating results to applicants
- Work with grantees to design and develop grant concepts and activities under the overall strategic guidance of the chief of party and deputy chief of party
- Develop grant and subcontract budgets in accordance with standard templates and in collaboration with the finance and operations and technical teams
- Gather and verify supporting documentation as necessary
- Provide technical assistance to grantees and potential grantees during the program development process and in the implementation process
- Work with potential consultants and to complete and review biodata forms for approval
- Manage the successful applicants’ contracting processes to final conclusion and approval of their applications, including obtaining approval from USAID;
- Conduct regular monitoring of grant activities and performance monitoring of grantees
- Ensure that grant documentation is prepared in a timely fashion for review
- Monitor grant and program activity expenses against activity budgets
- Receive and provide program concurrence for grantee and subcontractor invoices for the technical team’s review, approval, and submission to finance department
- Ensure that in-kind procured materials are delivered to grantees in a timely manner
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team to assess performance of grantees and inform impact assessment of projects, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, (Business or grant accounting studies)
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in design, development, and management of development-type projects
- Experience in grants management and budgeting, specifically in assuring procurement, disbursements, logistics, and programmatic aspects are implemented on-time and according to approved specifications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, and the public
- Familiar with USAID grants management rules and regulations
- English language proficiency
Apply online https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6b63a655d8194c3e884ee775b224541a by 22 January 2021. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com.