Website University of Western Cape (UWC)
University of Western Cape (UWC) is a research-led, learning and teaching African university with a legacy of Social Justice, Community Engagement and Graduate Employability.
University of Western Cape (UWC) invites Suitable Applicants to apply For 12 months Internship Programme in Cape Town, Western Cape For 2021/2022 Academic Year.
The University of the Western Cape is a national university, alert to its African and international context as it strives to be a place of quality, a place to grow. It is committed to excellence in teaching, learning and research, to nurturing the cultural diversity of South Africa, and to responding in critical and creative ways to the needs of a society in transition. The University of the Western Cape is a public university located in Bellville, a suburb of the City of Cape Town, South Africa. The university was established in 1960 by the South African government as a university for Coloured people only.
The aim of the programme is to create learning opportunities for UWC graduates to develop the much-needed work readiness skills. It is for this reason that SDS is continuing with the recruitment of additional Graduate Competency Development Programme (GCDP) candidates.
The Interns will be placed across the following departments:
- Office of the DVC SDS (including but not limited to Communications, Media Society, and Student Governance)
- Centre for Student Support Services (CSSS)
- Office for Student Development (OSD)
- Residential Services (RS)
- Financial Aid (Fin Aid)
- Sports Administration (SA)
- Assisting with and influencing the development, implementation and review of the communication plan in profiling SDS key activities
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of sound marketing strategies to market the activities of the departments
- Assisting with programme or project implementation
- Preparing the release of updates and stories from SDS events
- Assisting with information management and data analysis
- Contributing to the planning and organising of events and projects
- Participating in the design and co-facilitation of the workshops and training
- Assisting with the compilation of the departmental reports that will contribute to the finalisation of the Divisional Annual Report
- Assisting with other duties assigned by the respective SDS Departments
- Perform any ad hoc tasks or duties assigned which are linked to the project, programme or effective running of the Department or Office.
- Must be a UWC graduate that has completed an academic programme in 2020, or have graduation pending in 2021.
- Preferred degrees: B Admin, B Com, BSc, BA, BEd
- Preferred majors:
- Financial Accounting,
- Industrial Psychology,
- Computer Science,
- Information Systems,
- Language and Communications,
- Management, Psychology,
- Social Development,
- Social Work
- Unemployed with no formal work experience
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Planning and organising
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently and takes initiative (self and relationship management)
- Strong oral and written skills
- Report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Social and multimedia savvy
- Ability to work under pressure
To apply for this job please visit uwc.hua.hrsmart.com.