Website TWK Agri
Agricultural company with Head-Office in Piet Retief, Mpumalanga, South Africa with interests in the Forestry, Agricultural Trade, Grain, Mechanisation, Financing, Insurance and Motors & Tyre industries operating mainly in the Mpumalanga and Kwazulu-Natal provinces.
TWK Agri invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Internship Programme for 2021/2022 Academic Year in Kokstad, KwaZulu-Natal.
About TWK Agri
Agricultural company with Head-Office in Piet Retief, Mpumalanga, South Africa with interests in the Forestry, Agricultural Trade, Grain, Mechanisation, Financing, Insurance and Motors & Tyre industries operating mainly in the Mpumalanga and Kwazulu-Natal provinces. Fifty-two members of the Piet Retief Wattle Growers and Timber Association, with a total membership of 114, and owning over 40 000 acres (16 000 ha) of wattle plantations, met with the aim of registering their association as a co-operative in June 1940. The Transvaal Wattle Growers Co-operative Agricultural Company Limited was registered on 21 June 1940. The primary goal of the co-operative was to promote the marketing of the timber and bark of its members. Although this was a top priority throughout the years, the board of directors soon realised this should not be their only responsibility. Provision should also be made to supply the necessary production materials to its members.
The Youth Employment Service (YES) initiative is a business led initiative supported by government and labour that aims to empower unemployed youth by offering them a first chance at a quality paid work experience. The programme offers a structured opportunity to gain practical and meaningful work experience during a 12-month period.
To benefit from the YES Initiative youth must fulfil the following:The main deliverables:
- Support the Company in the capacity of a Trainee
- Gain practical understanding of the work involved in a particular field
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- South African Citizen
- Between the age of 18 and 29
- Currently unemployed (proof of unemployment)
- Currently residing in Kokstad or Cedarville
- Must have good communication skills
- Grade 12 / Tertiary qualification
- Further skills might be required for some of the specified positions
- Black (African, Coloured, Indian)
- Not previously part of a YES initiative
Competencies / Skills:
- Ability to prioritise / handle multiple priorities at a time
- An ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- High energy
- Good communication skills (English)
- Customer service orientated
- A drive to succeed in a corporate environment
Monthly stipend payable (aligned with the national minimum wage or job specification).
Number of Trainee positions available: 1
Available to join the Company in September 2021.
Positions are available for students who reside in the following geographical locations:
- Trade (Kokstad, Cedarville)
To apply for this job please visit twkagri.simplify.hr.