Website National Credit Regulator (NCR)
The mission of the National Credit Regulator (NCR) is to support the social and economic advancement of South Africa by regulating for a fair and non-discriminatory market place for access to consumer credit; and promoting responsible credit granting and credit use, and effective redress.
The National Credit Regulator (NCR) ICT Internships 2021. The National Credit Regulator (NCR) invites applicants to apply for ICT Internships 2021 in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
The NCR’s mandate is to: promote and support the development of a fair, transparent, competitive, sustainable, responsible, efficient and effective consumer credit market, and to increase participation of historically disadvantaged persons, low-income persons and communities, and remote, isolated or low-density populations and communities in the consumer credit market; regulate the consumer credit industry by registering credit providers, credit bureaus and debt counsellors, payment distribution agents, and alternative dispute resolution agencies; enforce the provisions of the National Credit Act; undertake research on the nature and dynamics of the consumer credit market in order to increase knowledge of these matters; promote public awareness of consumer credit matters; and review legislation and report to the Minister of Trade and Industry on matters concerning consumer credit.
Ref No: ICTINT/07/2021
- The successful candidate must hold a National Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Informatics/Information Systems or ICT related qualification.
- Applicants must not have worked or participated in an internship before.
- No experience required.
- Following certificates, A+, N+, MCSE/MCSA and ITIL Foundation would be an added advantage.
- Software and hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Debugging on all equipment and ensure accurate functionality
- Application installation
- Provide support to end-users
- Assist with desktop support and maintenance
- Liaise with contracted service providers for 3rd tier support
- LAN, WAN, and user Administration
- Administer backup and security
- Manage and monitor network connectivity and servers
- Provide support on Windows Operating Systems and servers
- Provide general end-user support
- Log calls on the call logging system ( Helpdesk) and maintain full documentation
- Prepare technical report on the operation of systems
- Keep inventory of hardware
- Desktop updates and installations
- Communication (Written and verbal) skills
- Computer literacy(Ms Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet, etc)
- Must have the ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving and Analysis.
- Planning and organizing
- Interpersonal relations
- Customer service orientation
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Innovative thinking
- Accuracy and due diligence
- Decision-making skills
How to apply
The National Credit Regulator is an equal opportunity organisation which offers competitive market related packages.
Suitable persons should send a detailed CV quoting the relevant reference number to: [email protected]
Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. The National Credit Regulator reserves the right not to make an appointment.