Website Blue Label Distribution
At Blue Label Distribution, our brand philosophy is that we can create and distribute anything that is able to be digitised. Our Blu-approved brand is the face of our service offering, and is underpinned by a world-class technology platform for both online and offline commerce.
The incumbent is assigned responsibility for activities to analyse, define, implement, monitor and support stock and recon operational control and processes; technology change requests development and maintenance activities to improve efficiencies, including specification of functionality required in conjunction with finance, management overall effective running of the Stock and Reconciliation processes and controls.
Stock and Recon
- Daily review of recons relating to 3rd party integrations setups and related exceptions.
- Drive resolution of exception management with relevant stakeholders both internal and external.
- Weekly review of stock trending analysis
- Management of stock ordering and approval process being followed.
- Clearly define controls required for any new recon processes and maintain a robust control environment with minimal exceptions or escalations.
- Manage internal controls around audit time to ensure strong control environment is maintained and reported.
- Regular interactions with key Corporate accounts for the Group to escalate discrepancies and drive swift resolutions between business, operations and technology.
- Identify through analytical review incomplete/inaccurate capturing relating to AR, AP, Stock etc with ad hoc queries arise, manage and review reconciliations, calculations and reports where necessary.
- Review and management of stock processes and this is being applied consistently monthly with minimal fluctuations.
- Effective management of stock invoice capturing and reporting with set deadlines.
- Manage any corrections timeously prior to reporting final numbers being reported.
- Review of controls around NAV capturing to ensure accurate capturing of invoices.
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets in line with Group reporting and agreed intercompany stakeholders.
Review reconciliation of data to ensure integrity (daily, weekly, monthly and annually), including, but not limited to:
- Navision Stock reports, General Ledger Accounts versus Inventory Valuation report
- Electricity reconciliation and commission review process
- Debtor reconciliation process
- Control accounts vs General ledger accounts (AP, AR, Stock)
- Stock reconciliation process
- Take full responsibility for performance of all direct reports, motivating and managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound people management.
- Establish and evaluate Key Performance Indicators.
- Implement and encourage staff development activities, identify training needs.
- Provide support and guidance on career path planning, on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
Manage internal and external customer satisfaction relating to Stock and recon
processes and exception management, including:
- CFO, Financial Managers and other finance staff (Navision Users)
- Fellow supplier subsidiaries of Prepaid Airtime (PPA) and Prepaid Electricity (PPE)
- Various external customers relating to accounts, sales, stock, rebate, etc related reporting and queries.
- Manage escalations to relevant stakeholders timeously to ensure minimal financial and /or reputational loss through daily review of reconciliation and trend analysis exceptions.
- CA (SA)
- B.Com Accounting
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role
Knowledge and Skills
- Qlik Sense
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced Microsoft Word /Excel /Outlook
- AEON knowledge
- AMS knowledge