Website South African Road Federation (SARF)
The South African Road Federation (SARF) is an NPO dedicated to the promotion of the road sector in South Africa.
South African Road Federation (SARF) Bursaries 2022. The South African Road Federation (SARF) invites applicants to apply for invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
The South African Road Federation (SARF) is an NPO dedicated to the promotion of the road sector in South Africa. We focus on road safety, road funding and training and capacity development in the road sector. Roads are a vital public asset. They need to be properly funded, managed and maintained in order to drive socio-economic development across South Africa, in both built up urban areas and the remotest parts of the country. SARF is a SANAS level 2 B-BBEE contributor. Its training programmes build skill amongst road sector stakeholders and are accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa and the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions.
The South African Road Federation offers bursaries to South Africans wishing to undertake further education or training in disciplines applicable to the road transport industry.
The following categories of study will be considered:
1. ROAD ENGINEERING
- Traffic engineering
- Transportation planning
- Pavement engineering
- Bridge engineering
- Materials Construction management
2 .ROAD TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
3. ROAD TRANSPORT ECONOMICS
4. ROAD TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
- Traffic policing
- Accident investigation
- Personnel management (Organization and Training)
- Financial management
How to apply
Applications for the South African Road Federation Bursary should be made on the prescribed form available from:
South African Road Federation
48 Gladiator Street
KEMPTON PARK, 1619
Post: P O BOX 8379, BIRCHLEIGH 1621
TEL : (011) 394 9025/1459
Further enquiries are welcome please E-mail : [email protected]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bursaries are awarded for study at an approved South African University or the University of Technology.
- Study at an advanced level is preferred, i.e. M.Sc., M. Tech. or above. However, applications at the undergraduate level may be considered in special circumstances.
- Full-time study will be given preference but applicants considering part-time study or distance learning will also be considered.
- All applications must be endorsed by the appropriate academic authority at the establishment where the applicant proposes to study.
- The value of the bursary will depend on upon the needs of the applicant and the decision of the Council of the Federation. However, it is intended to supplement the student`s other finances and will not be sufficient to cover all expenses. It will be paid directly to the academic institution concerned on the bursar`s behalf.
- Applicants must satisfy Council to an extent, which is reasonable that they will be working within the ambiance of the South African road transport industry on completion of their studies.
- Everything being equal, preference will be given to employees of members of the South African Road Federation.
- South African residents will be given preference but individuals from SADC countries are invited to apply. They should do so through their respective Road Federation or the International Road Federation (Geneva or Washington office).