Website The SOLA Group
The SOLA Group is a vertically integrated renewable energy company, aiming to transform Africa through clean energy
SOLA Group invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Engineering Bursaries Programme for 2021/2022 Academic Year.
The SOLA Group is a vertically integrated renewable energy company, aiming to transform Africa through clean energy. The group consists of two unique and complementary businesses. SOLA Assets started in 2008 as Aurora Power Solutions, a utility-scale solar project developer. Its sister company, SOLA Build, started in 2013 as SOLA Future Energy, an EPC concentrating on private-sector PV opportunities. Together, SOLA Build has built over 30 MW of embedded-generation solar PV projects, mostly for the private sector, and SOLA Assets has developed over 305 MW solar PV projects in Africa, making it one of the largest solar companies in South Africa. Together, the SOLA Group offers all stages of solar PV implementation: from project development and financing, design, procurement and construction, to the operations and maintenance of solar PV facilities.
ENGINEERING BURSARY 2022
- Are you currently studying towards a BEng or BSc Electrical Engineering in a Cape Town based institution?
- Will you be in your final year of study in 2022?
- Are you a South African citizen from a previously disadvantaged background?
- Have you done an assignment/ project (whether academic or in your personal capacity in solar PV?
- Do you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fastpaced environment?
If you answered yes to all these questions, you should apply for SOLA’s Engineering Bursary!
The following opportunities will be made available to you, in addition to receiving R75 000* towards your final year Engineering tuition:
- Paid vacation work opportunities with a small stipend to assist with yourtraveling expenses to the office
- On-the-job training assisting with solar feasibility studies and solar PV designs
- Opportunities to learn about the full value chain of the solar PV industry in South Africa
- An experienced Engineer to mentor and guide you along the journey of becoming a skilled Engineer
- After successful completion of your studies, you will be appointed as a Graduate Engineer on a fixed term basis.
- The ability to have fun, expand your network and grow from the exposure gained at one of South Africa’s largest and most trusted solar PV companies
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.