AutoTrader.co.za is a professional online automotive marketplace. Proud of our 27-year history. Our people work hard to ensure that we are indisputably the leading media market space for buyers & sellers across all types of vehicles!
AutoTrader is looking for a self-motivated individual to take on the role of Software Engineer at our Cape Town-based offices. If you are an experienced Software Engineer who is excited by solving problems and thrives in a challenging environment, AutoTrader, a leading digital online marketplace is ready to offer you a career with plenty of reward in return.
To create, maintain, audit and improve systems to meet particular needs, often as advised by the business, an analyst or architect. Testing software systems to diagnose and resolve system faults.
A typical day as a Software Engineer at www.autotrader.co.za would be to:
- Writing, testing and reviewing code as necessary.
- Providing and receiving feedback from your teammates.
- Analyzing and interpreting business and user requirements.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers, and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Computer Science Degree / Diploma beneficial.
- South African citizenship.
- Experience in Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, BootStrap, LESS etc).
- Experience in Microsoft Web Stack (.Net Core, MVC, C#, Razor, IIS, ASP.Net, etc).
- Experience in Mobile Application Development (iOS, Mono, Android, Java etc).
- Experience in High performance/scale technologies (Caching, Load Balancing, Profiling, Indexing, etc).
- Experience in Relational Databases (Microsoft SQL) .
- Ability to handle the pressure.
- Work well with people within the organization.
- Problem solves new technologies.
- Good attention to detail.
- Open to and willing to give critique.
- Genuinely interested in coming up with the best solution.
- Constantly learning about the things they are busy with and sharing with others.
What we’ll give you:
- A FUN working environment.
- A “home away from home” culture.
- Access to “My Academy” online learning.
What does success look like:
- Building products that are loved by users.
- Being trustworthy and credible.
- Believe in healthy conflict.
- Able to show commitment.
- Able to accept accountability.
- Focused on results (thrive on high performance).
What you need to know about us:
- AutoTrader.co.za is a professional digital marketing company that is proud of our 27-year history. Our staff work hard to ensure that we are indisputably the leading media marketplace for buyers & sellers across all types of vehicles! platforms generate more than 2,4 million unique visitors per month and we publish 2 print titles. Equally impressive is our inventory of over 70 000 vehicles. Browse your ideal used or new car here http://www.autotrader.co.za
And there is more…
- AutoTrader is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
- If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.
NB* In order to continue the effort to grow our diverse culture at AutoTrader, please note that first preference will be given to EE candidates who have the required skillset and experience as provided in the job definition.