Website Absa Group Careers
Absa Group Limited (Absa) has forged a new way of getting things done, driven by bravery and passion, with the readiness to realise the possibilities on our continent and beyond.
Senior Future Data Analyst
The Future Data Analyst is responsible for providing the analysis and design for information solutions to various business areas and the integration into the Data Warehouse. This includes the creation of the user requirements into technical specifications and design documents, as well as the possible identification of new data sources to the Data Warehouse.
Enable a Collaborative Partnership with business that drives an End-to-End Solution Delivery.
Working with Data Architects and Engineering teams to define the technical direction / solutions for the business.
- 5 years’ Technical Experience
- 5 years’ Analysis Experience
- Understand Core Modelling Principles (Logical and Physical)
- Knowledge of the IT trends, Data Warehouse and Data Architecture principles, practices and standards
- Must have Big Data Knowledge
- Understand and apply concepts such as: Relational Data Structures, Entity-Relationship and Object Modeling, Data Warehouse / Marts
- Write queries of any Language (Preferably SQL / Scala)
- Understand / unpack the end-to-end flow data (process) and impact due to changes in data across the value chain of the data (From Cotton-to-Cash) ie. High Level Data Flow Diagrams, Source-to-Target mappings etc
- Ability to vary the depth of analysis from High Level (Rapid) to detailed analysis)
- Conceptual understanding of Data Visualization / Data Virtualization
- Document and unpack Business Data Requirements through continuous Business and Tech Engagement