Website Sage Computer Software
At Sage, we energise the success of businesses and communities around the world through the imagination of our people and smart technology. Sage provides every sized organisations with a range of easy-to-use, online and cloud business management software and services - from accounting and payroll, to enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management and payments.
As part of the Global Organisation, This role develops, implements and tests bespoke solutions for customers.
The responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following
This role entails development of system interfaces to and from the Sage product with 3rd party applications, generate reports, and working towards deadlines.
- T-SQL Querying and Stored Procedures
- C# Application support and development
- Cloud Computing
- Testing and implementing reports and applications on-site at customers
- Leading internal colleagues or business partners to complete project milestones
- Project and Time Management
- VBA knowledge from legacy solutions
- General administration
- Monthly and Yearly planning
- Monthly and yearly reports
The role creates bespoke solutions to ensure timely and accurate requests, as well as support on existing solutions.
Based in Pretoria, the successful candidate must be experienced in T-SQL, C# & Powershell, have good interpersonal skills and previous consulting experience.
Key Responsibilities Key Accountabilities And Decision Ownership
- Develop automated solutions to interface to and from the Sage systems
- Flexible to complete work on-site during certain project phases
- Package generic solutions
- Generate Payroll & HR report
- Effectively plan and document reporting and automation requirements
- Develop, Test and implement solutions
- Manage client expectations and meet deadlines
- Working with team members
- Support customers and consultants on existing solutions
- Forecast and keep track of time utilized on solutions on a weekly basis
- Communicate any deviations from a project
- Resource Planning
- Plan and manage own time effectively in order to achieve key areas of the position
- Assist with development specifications and workshops
- Above applies for Sage 300 People and Sage 300 Premier products.
Skills, Know-how And Experience
The following soft skills and personality attributes are required in order to be successful in this role:
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about their work and expanding their knowledge
- Meet client expectations for solutions
- SQL querying, SSRS and SSIS
Technical / Professional Qualifications
The following qualifications and experience are required:
- B.Tech Degree or similar
- Must have strong development and database querying skills (C#, SQL, Powershell)
- Business Maturity
- VBA knowledge (Advantage)
- Sage 300 People & Premier database structure knowledge (Advantage)
- Cloud programming & architecture knowledge (Advantage)