When industry greats, ForwardSlash and SpeakUp Communications joined forces, a global front-runner in technology, online marketing and customer relations management was born – DigiOutsource.
Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Business Analyst position at DigiOutsource is responsible for the end-to-end responsibilities within the Business Analyst framework, from facilitating workshops and requirements gathering through to documentation.
The Senior Business Analyst will work with relevant stakeholders including, but not limited to, Business representatives, Product Owners, Architects and Technical specialists to define and elicit requirements aligned with the AS-IS implementation in order to get to the TO-BE target state.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Liaise with business stakeholders to document business requirements and processes effectively.
- Elicit requirements from one-on-one discussions with the Business.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops with the Business.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyse information needs, functional requirements and business processes.
- Create and design high quality, lean specifications as requested by the business stakeholders.
- Define functional requirements of systems to improve quality, performance, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Outline requirement specifications with the use of standard organizational templates and tools.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand and define the requirements landscape in order to address the business need.
- Interpret high level Business brief into detailed requirements.
- Produce requirements documentation in a format that stakeholders understand.
- Have thorough knowledge of documentation methods, processes and best practices as described in the BABOK.
- Manage requirements and ensure they are stored in a central repository and kept up to date.
- Make contributions in the development of test plans and perform test execution if required.
- Understand the commercial importance of changes or new features.
- Drive and challenge Business Units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Review and improve existing processes.
- Share personal growth learnings within the Business Analyst team.
- Mentor / facilitate personal growth of other Business Analysts.
- Serve as the intermediary between the Business and the Software Development Team.
- Maintain awareness of broader context of assigned work.
- Understand the impact of the change within the broader context.
- Matric Certificate
- IT-related tertiary degree or diploma.
- Business Analysis Diploma.
- 5+ years experience in an IT industry.
- 5+ years experience as a Business Analyst.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Proficient with wireframing tools.
- Proficient with BA modelling tools.
- BABOK Certified
- Communication skills
- Building relationships
- Stress tolerance
- Technical knowledge
- Time management
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Effectiveness and Delivery