Website SEDISA Trust
SEDISA, a Black Woman Owned Education Trust is a shareholder of KAEFER Thermal Contracting Services (Pty) Ltd, established in 2010. The trust was created with the aim of empowering South African black women, by assisting them to obtain a tertiary education by way of bursary awards. They help young women with strong academic records who would have otherwise not been able to study due to lack of funding.
SEDISA Trust Bursary South Africa 2021. The Trust’s mission is to provide their students with the opportunity to enhance their lives and to instill within them a passion and drive to never give up, but to pursue their dreams whole heatedly.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Each year, SEDISA awards a limited amount bursaries to South African financially disadvantaged black females with strong academic records. Preference will be granted to students in the following fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- and related fields of study
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks and accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend an interview with the SEDISA Trustee members. If you have not received any feedback regarding your application within 2 weeks of submission, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black female students (in terms of the BBBEE codes)
- Registered to study in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Financially disadvantaged
- Have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.sedisatrust.com/Form/form.html
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Identity document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcript (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Fee statement from your tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- List of study related costs (tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation etc) (on tertiary letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary and how it will make a difference to your life
- Curriculum Vitae
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SEDISA directly:
Email: [email protected]