South African National Space Agency (SANSA)
South Africa needs an increase in science and engineering graduates if we are to effectively resource the country with necessary and scarce skills to achieve goals of the National Development Plan and ensure a successful and sustainable future for our citizens. SANSA provides post graduate degree bursaries to contribute to the national target for qualified post-graduates in science and engineering.
SANSA Bursary Programme For South Africa 2021. SANSA Bursary Programme 2021. South African National Space Agency (SANSA) invites suitable applicants for Bursary Programme for 2021.
Scope of our project:
Our Space Science project mandate includes but is not limited to the following:
Space Science (Hons, MSc, MPhil, PHD)
- Solar physics
- Space Weather forecasting and verification aligned to navigation and radiation applications
- Antarctic radar studies of climate change
- Multi-instrument studies of space weather
- Modelling geomagnetically induced currents in power systems
- Multi scale ionospheric physics, structure and dynamics
- Ionospheric and radio propagation modelling
- Theory of waves and solutions in plasmas
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Software and systems engineering
- Data Science
- Field of your choice related to key SANSA objectives
- Space, systems, antenna and RF engineering
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are financial need, academic potential and career-oriented study programmes.
Please note the following:
- An application will only be considered if it has been completed properly and in full.
- Documents that accompany the application form must be uploaded and certified.
- Testimonial form must be completed by the supervisor and uploaded to the application form.
For the 2021 academic year successful applicants will receive bursaries with values as stated below:
- Hons – R90 000 (one year).
- Masters – R100 000 per year for two years.
- PhD – R130 000 per year for three years.
Applicants may not hold a combination of bursaries that exceed these amounts. Should an applicant have another bursary of lessor amount, SANSA will consider providing a top-up amount to the student provided the student meets the criteria mentioned above. Support for continuing years is not guaranteed and will depend on satisfactory progress during the previous year.
To apply for this job please visit www.sansa.org.za.