Website Saldanha Bay Municipality
Saldanha Bay Municipality is a local municipality located within the West Coast District Municipality, in the Western Cape province of South Africa.
Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary Programme 2021. Saldanha Bay Municipality invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2021.
The Saldanha Bay Municipality is on the West Coast of South Africa. Together with the Municipalities of Matzikama, Bergrivier, Swartland, and Cederberg, it forms the entire West Coast District Municipality. The Saldanha Bay has its head office based in Vredenburg with satellite offices located in Langebaan, St Helena Bay, Paternoster, Saldanha, and Hopefield.
Fields of study
- Risk Management
- Internal Auditing
- Supply Chain Management
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must have parents or guardians who live in the Saldanha Bay Municipal Area
- Must have completed Matric
- Must enter their first year of study in the year 2021
- Must study or intend to study full-time in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must have been provisionally accepted or accepted to study one of the accredited South African Universities or Universities of Technology
- Must have gotten at least 40% in Mathematics or 50% in Mathematical Literacy in Matric
- Must have gotten at least a 60% average in Matric or at least 50% with a minimum average in Mathematics of 60%
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged group or have some kind of disability
How to apply
To apply for the bursary, the applicant must download then accomplish the Application Form.
- Certified copy of an ID document
- Certified copy of the final results in Grade 11
- Certified copy of the Matric results of September
- Certified copy of the final results in Matric or the Matric certificate (if already completed)
- University provisional acceptance or acceptance letter on the letterhead
- Certified copies of the applicant’s parent’s or guardian’s ID documents
- Proof of income of the applicant’s parents or guardians in the form of payslips (if employed) or bank statements (if unemployed)
- Proof of address of the applicant’s parents or guardians
- Certified copies of the ID documents of the people who depend on the family income
- Affidavit of guardianship if the applicant doesn’t live with their parents
- A motivational letter that includes either what motivates the applicant to study in their chosen field or why the applicant thinks they should receive the bursary. Should be a maximum of 1000 words only.
The submission of all of these documents is a requirement. Failure to submit all of these documents may lead to the application getting disregarded. Also, applications will get marked ‘Incomplete’ until letters of provisional acceptance to the university and final Matric results are officially received. Applicants can send their applications through: Email at: [email protected] or post Human Resource Services, Private Bag X12, Vredenburg, 7380.
Contact No.: 022 701 7000