Ackermans is a South African chain of clothing retail stores. Founded in 1916 in Wynberg, Cape Town, Ackermans has over 700 stores across Southern Africa, including in Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Zambia, and is headquartered in Cape Town
|Job Advert||As the Clerk within the Revenue team at Ackermans, you will be responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of the store revenue transactions.
Ackermans, with more than 800 stores in 6 African countries, is a key part of the Pepkor Group, with over 100 years of success behind us, Ackermans continues to expand and innovate. We are developing an “Agile” values driven culture to ensure we continue to be a leading value fashion retailer by setting the standard for value and affordability.
Reporting to the Accountant, you will be part of a structured and vibrant Finance team and will be based at our office in Kuilsriver.
If you have a strong analytical ability, strong numerical skills and the ability to work under extreme pressure, consider this to be an opportunity to invest and grow your career.
– Grade 12 (Accountancy and/ or Mathematics)
– Relevant Tertiary Qualification preferred (Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree)
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience||KNOWLEDGE required:
– Financial Reconciliations
– Balancing stores sales to point of sale in the stores
– Good knowledge of financial administration and basic accounting principles and their application (debits, credits, journals, reconciliations)
– Perform daily reconciliation of the cash bankable amount per store to the bank statement amount (On the reconciliation system)
– Follow up on all expectations with banks & CIT company
– Correct, re-assign and release deposits with incorrect store reference numbers for assigned stores.
– Prepare & post journals for unmapped bank entries not posted by Recon Clerk.
• GL Reconciliation
• Sales Clearing
• Internal Audit
• Record Keeping
• Trend analysis