Website Prodigy Finance
Prodigy Finance was started by three INSEAD MBA graduates who experienced the difficulties of financing an international degree first-hand. In 2007, we decided to solve this problem and revolutionise the market.
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$800 million through the platform to fund over 16,000 students from over 150 countries.
Our team of over 200 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced People Operations Coordinator who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world; be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; and make it possible for students from more than 150 countries to obtain the finances to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
This role will be a key support role to the People Operations Manager and People Operations Specialist. You will be responsible for the coordination and administration of the People side of the business. You will play a significant role in ensuring the department is running smoothly and effectively.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Maintain the quality of our employee data; be a BambooHR and Quantum super user, ensure the data inputted by the team and by yourself is always up-to-date and 100% accurate.
- Compile accurate monthly reports and graphs using the data maintained on the various systems, and present analysis to the People Operations Manager/Specialist.
- Manage all Prodigy Grow and other training logistics and coordination including but not limited to liaising with training providers, scheduling, managing RSVPs, releasing training surveys, and analysing training survey results.
- Ensure all training is recorded and reported on accurately.
- Ensure training budgets are managed correctly.
- Manage all payroll changes and compile monthly payroll reports in four different locations (South Africa, New York, London & India) and five currencies (ZAR, USD, EUR, GBP & INR).
- Administer employee benefits: healthcare, pension and monthly share allocations in our four locations.
- Draft Offers of Employment, Employment Contracts and other confidential employee documentation/letters as required.
- Work with the People Operations Manager/Specialist to submit the annual Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Reports to SETA.
- Work with the People Operations Manager/Specialist to report on Employment Equity annually and ensure the Employment Equity Plan is updated.
- Support/coordinate the onboarding and induction of new employees.
- Support/coordinate the exit process for exiting employees.
- Provide continuous ad hoc assistance to the Global Office Manager, including but not limited to supply orders and the administration & activation of all employee wellness initiatives.
- Work closely with the Talent team to ensure background and reference checks are conducted for each new employee joining our business.
- Ensure filing and employee paperwork is up to date and accurate.
What you will be measured on
- Quality & accuracy of data
- Attention to detail
- Reporting ability (Excel skills)
- Analytical ability
- Quality & timeous execution of tasks
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple & competing demands
- Effective & timeous process management
- Effective communication
What you need to be great at
- Detail orientated: logical, systematic, relentless focus on 100% accuracy; and an obsession for errorless and perfectly presented reports and documentation.
- Highly organised: a strong ability to multi-task and project manage; deal with complexity; easily manage & prioritise multiple issues, opportunities and competing priorities.
- Strong technical ability: comfortable with and enjoys working with numerical data and spreadsheets; can easily pull reports, depict data and deliver detailed analysis; and can process large amounts of data from disparate sources.
- Bias to action: pragmatic, gets stuff done; and has an innate sense of urgency.
- Startup DNA: Resilient, gets things done, 80/20, carpe diem, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative, is goal and achievement orientated, and strives for results and excellence.
- Takes responsibility for personal actions and frames problems as opportunities
- Continuous improvement: actively strives to improve, seeks self-development opportunities, and learns from experiences.
- Passion for people: fun loving, empathetic and approachable team player; love to get your hands dirty and ensure our people are always made a priority.
- Optimistic, highly likeable, upbeat and energetic; enjoys building rapport and trust; fosters a sense of open communication.
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- A relevant degree from a leading institution
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong technical ability and experience with HR systems (eg. Bamboo, Rippling, etc…)
- 2 -4 years demonstrable experience as a HR Generalist/Administrator/Coordinator in a medium to large sized organisation
- Experience with payroll administration
- Experience in a medium/high complexity role where there was a need to manage and prioritise multiple, competing priorities
- Experience in administration and the maintenance of employee data
- Experience in reporting and analysis
- Experience in training coordination and logistics
- Experience in onboarding & induction as well as exit processes
- Experience in compiling Workplace Skills Plan, Annual Training Reports, and an Employment Equity Plan.
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Experience working in a HR department in a multi-national organisation working with multiple offices around the world
- International payroll administration
- Familiar with Bamboo HR system
- IR experience