Website Palabora Mining Company
Palabora Copper (Pty) Limited, a subsidiary of Palabora Mining Company Ltd,is a copper mine that also operates a smelter and refinery complex based in the town of Phalaborwa, in South Africa's Limpopo Province.
Palabora Mining Company invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 / 2023 in Limpopo, South Africa.
Palabora Copper (Pty) Limited, a subsidiary of Palabora Mining Company Ltd,is a copper mine that also operates a smelter and refinery complex based in the town of Phalaborwa, in South Africa’s Limpopo Province. The mine owes its origins to a unique rock formation in the region known as the Palabora Igneous Complex.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Accounting, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Internal Auditing
- Agriculture, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science, Food Technology, Safety Management
- Analytical Chemistry, Geology, Mine Surveying
- Bachelor of Education
- Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy
- Building and Construction
- Business Management, Corporate Communication, Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology
- Digital Marketing, Sales and Marketing
- Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Process Control Engineering)
- Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics
- Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transport
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, meals and a textbook allowance. Bursary recipients will be selected based on academic merit only.
The bursary programme is administered by Career Wise, who are responsible for accepting, scanning and shortlisting candidates.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by no later than 15 July 2022. If you have not received any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview and undergo psychometric testing.
The bursary is renewable each year, dependent on satisfactory academic performance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 16 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be enrolled and studying at a recognised and accredited University or University of Technology within South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record and be able to demonstrate potential academic success
- You must have NO criminal record
- Preference will be given to applicants from the Ba-Phalaborwa Community
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Palabora Mining Company Bursary Application 2023
Use the following as the promo code/ reference: “PMC2022”
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of enrollment at University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
To apply for this job please visit careerwise.co.za.