Website Office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers
The Ombud must be a person who is qualified in law and who possesses adequate knowledge of the rendering of financial services.
Office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers invite applicants to apply for Internship Programme 2022 in Pretoria, Gauteng.
The Ombud is appointed by the Minister of Finance, as provided for in section 21 of the FAIS Act. The Ombud must be a person who is qualified in law and who possesses adequate knowledge of the rendering of financial services. The Minister may also appoint one or more persons as Deputy Ombud. The Office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers (FAIS Ombud) was established in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, No 37 of 2002 (‘FAIS Act’). The FAIS Ombud’s objective is to consider and dispose of complaints in a procedurally fair, informal, economical and expeditious manner, and by reference to what is equitable in all circumstances.
FAIS Ombud is seeking to appoint Graduate Trainees as part of the Graduate Recruitment Programme.
The duration of the programme is as follows:
- Twelve (12) months for the Case Management department;
- Six (6) months for the Adjudication department.
Key Performance Areas:
working in a target driven environment on complaints received by the public against financial service providers and to move same towards a resolution in a procedurally fair, informal, economical and expeditious manner.
Skills and abilities:
- LLB degree;
- PLT (Practical Legal Training) will be an advantage.
- A passion for public service;
- An interest in Financial Services;
- Strong academic background;
- Good drafting and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a stressful environment;
- Willing to work extra hours;
- Ability to extract the real issue out of a complaint;
- Computer literate;
- Energetic and self-driven;
- Results / Output / Deadline driven.
How to apply
Interested parties are welcome to forward their CVs to e-mail address: [email protected].
NB: All applications must include an academic transcript.
To apply for this job email your details to Applications@faisombud.co.za