Website Ninety One
Ninety One is an independent, active global asset manager dedicated to delivering compelling outcomes for its clients.
Ninety One invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021/2022 Academic Year in South Africa.
About Ninety One
Ninety One is a global investment manager offering active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives to institutions, advisors and individual investors around the world. Established in South Africa in 1991, we are an independent firm, dual-listed in Johannesburg and London, now in our 30th year of organic growth. We started in South Africa, in ’91, as Investec Asset Management, with a belief that we could do things differently. Back then, change was coming and along with its challenges came the chance to invest in a better future. Today, we continue to bring a different perspective on investing. Whether it’s the rise of the East or the rise of the machines, we aim to make the best of it. Best for our clients, best for our company, and best for the world in which we live.
Ninety One is inviting matriculants to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Financial services
- Healthcare (excluding: Dentistry, Medicine and Veterinary Science)
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, study materials, accommodation and meals.
The bursary programme is administered by Career Wise, who are responsible for accepting, scanning and shortlisting candidates. Shortlisted students must attend a panel interview assessment and thereafter final selection will be made.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 22 years old in 2022
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be starting your first year at university in 2022
- You must intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% or Level 6 in English and Mathematics or Sciences in Grade 11
- You must have proven financial need (family income of less than R600 000 per year) (special circumstances will be assessed if applicable)
- You must satisfy the minimum entry requirements for your chosen field of study
- You must have an excellent academic record
- You must have strong leadership qualities
Please use the following as the promo code/ reference: “NINETY ONE”
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric latest results (certified copy)
- Proof of application or registration at university for 2022 (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of parents/ guardians household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA or pension slip if applicable)
To apply for this job please visit careerwise.co.za.