Nedbank Group is a financial services group in South Africa offering wholesale and retail banking services as well as insurance, asset management, and wealth management.
Nedbank invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2023in South Africa.
Nedbank Group is a financial services group in South Africa offering wholesale and retail banking services as well as insurance, asset management, and wealth management. Nedbank Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nedbank Group. Nedbank’s primary market is South Africa.
Nedbank is inviting students to apply for their External Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a first undergraduate qualification (degree or diploma) in ANY field of study, that is in line with the Nedbank Educational Trust and Green Economy skills.
Green Economy skills are areas of study focused on improving social well-being and social equity, as well as greatly reducing environmental risks and ecological insufficiency (including reduction of carbon emissions and pollution, enhancing natural capital and increasing energy and materials efficiency).
Nedbank will be awarding bursaries to academically deserving students, in financial need, who are studying or wish to study but are lacking the financial means to do so. The bursary programme aims to help address scarce-skills shortages within South Africa, with a focus on green economy skills.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study towards your first undergraduate qualification (degree or diploma) in 2023
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study full-time at a recognised and accredited public University or University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have passed Mathematics in Matric (NOT Mathematics Literacy)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the 2022 academic year (at Matric or University level)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for all subjects that are aligned to your University qualification
- You must have proven financial need (to be determined by household income)
How to apply
Applications must be done online at: Nedbank Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or card (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate AND latest tertiary results, if currently in 1st year at University (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results AND mid-year results, if currently in 2nd or 3rd year at University (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians and all members of the household earning an income: Written consent confirming that they understand that personal details may be requested and given to third parties, in order to verify income
- A completed and Nedbank Financial Checks Affidavit (.pdf) – Signed by the applicant AND parent or guardian
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
- All applications will be screened and shortlisted in line with the qualifying criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a virtual interview, partake in psychometric testing and other assessments.
- After the screening process, applications and results will be assessed by the Nedbank Educational Trust.
- Bursaries will then be awarded at the discretion of the Trust.
- All candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications, after the recruitment process is complete.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to also submit the following documents:
Parents, legal guardians and all income-earning members of a shortlisted applicant’s household must provide the following:
- Written consent from parents, guardians and other income earners in your household, stating they understand that personal information will be requested and submitted to third parties to assist the Nedbank Educational Trust with verifying income
- Completed income and expenditure statement from parents, guardians and other income earners in your household
- The following documents, submitted within 7 working days of the application, combined into a single document:
- ID documents of parents, guardians and other income earners in your household
- Proof of income of parents, guardians and other income earners in your household (most recent payslips or letters of employment, not older than 3 months: if employed / proof of income, home loan account statement, and city or town council rates and taxes statement, not older than 3 months: if informal traders or hawkers / IRP5, IT3 and IT12 forms for the past 2 years: if earning commission only / official pension slip or bank statement, not older than 3 months: if receiving income from pension, grant, maintenance, rent, interest from investments)
- 3 months’ recent bank statements of parents, guardians and other income earners in your household
To apply for this job please visit www.nedbank.co.za.