At Nedbank, we see ourselves as money experts who do good.
Nedbank invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Bursary programme in 2021/2022 Academic Year.
Nedbank Group is a financial services group in South Africa offering wholesale and retail banking services as well as insurance, asset management, and wealth management. Nedbank Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nedbank Group. Nedbank’s primary market is South Africa.
Through their Bursary program, Nedbank strives to fund the academic expenses of career-oriented students who lack financial strength. The bursary is available for students who want to study full-time first year undergraduate or diploma at South African public university or university of technology.
The main aim of this bursary program is to resolve the issue of scarce skills with a focus on green economy skills. Green economy functions with a focus on sustaining and advancing economic, environmental, and social well-being. Green economy skills are those skills that help to promote human well-being and societal equity while reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. Such skills also focus on reducing pollution, carbon emission, and increasing energy and material efficiency thus, enhancing the natural capital.
- Tuition cost
- Examination fees
- Registration charges
- Textbook and study material charges
- Meal costs at the University
- Accommodation cost
- Other compulsory charges
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Student must be studying in grade 12 or pass grade 12 within the past two years.
- Student must have enrolled to study for an undergraduate course in the year 2022.
- Applicant must be studying or have accepted to study full-time at South African public University or University of Technology in the year 2022.
- A minimum score of average 65% should be achieved in current year of study in Matric or University level
- Applications from grade 12 graduates and senior certificate holders with Mathematics Literacy will not be accepted
- Student should score minimum 65% in all subjects aligned to the University degree.
- Applicant must prove their financial disability.
How to apply
Applicants need to fill the application form online: Nedbank Bursary Application 2022.
- Certified ID Document
- Covering letter
- Certified copy of Matric results or grade 11 final results
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of ID documents of parents/guardians
- Parents/guardian income proof:
- Letter of employment or latest payslip (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of social grant if applicable
- Affidavit of unemployment
- If an informal hawker or trader: home loan statement, proof of income, council rates and taxes statement
- Latest bank statement (3 months)
- Death certificate of deceased parents
- If receiving pension, grant, maintenance, rent, or interest attach pension slip or bank statement (not older than 3 months)
- In case of commission earners IRP5, IT3 and IT12 form of last two years.
- Written consent from parents and other earning members confirming that they have no objection in their income details being shared with third parties for verification
- Nedbank Financial Checks Affidavit filled and signed by applicant and parent/guardian.
- Disabled applicants may submit a medical letter from the doctor confirming the disability.
For any queries regarding this bursary please contact the Nedbank Bursary Team directly at: [email protected].