Mintek, South Africa’s national mineral research organisation, is one of the world’s leading technology organisations specialising in mineral processing, extractive metallurgy and related areas.
MINTEK Bursary Programme 2021. MINTEK Company invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2021 in South Africa.
Mintek, South Africa’s national mineral research organisation, is one of the world’s leading technology organisations specialising in mineral processing, extractive metallurgy and related areas. Working closely with industry and other R&D institutions, Mintek provides service test work, process development and optimisation, consulting and innovative products to clients world-wide.
Mintek’s Undergraduate and Postgraduate Bursary Programmes are one of the ways in which they ensure that the most talented, well trained and highly skilled technical people are able to study further. Many of their graduates join Mintek as employees, ensuring that Mintek’s operational, research and development needs are met.
- Full payment of registration, tuition, residence and meal fees (or equivalent of university residence and meal fees if staying in private accommodation), plus a R15 000 p.a. allowance.
- The bursary is awarded for the length of the prescribed course provided that the bursar passes the registered subjects and still complies with the Mintek bursary contract.
Fields of study
Mintek has a strong interest in students who intend to pursue / are currently pursuing undergraduate degrees, honors degrees or B.Tech diplomas in the following fields:
- Chemistry (Analytical or Geochemistry)
- Chemical Engineering (Minerals Processing option)
- Electrical Engineering (Process Control Systems or Electronics)
- Geology (majoring in Mineralogy, Petrology, Applied Geology or Economic Geology)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Physical Metallurgy / Materials Science
- At University currently: Studying towards any of the above-mentioned degrees with an overall average of 60% and no failed courses or subjects.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must meet the university entry requirements and be accepted at a recognised South African university for full-time studies
How to apply
Completed application forms with supporting documentation must be submitted to Mintek’s Academic Liaison Officer as follows:
Via post: Mintek Bursary Office, Private Bag X3015, Randburg 2125 or E-mail: [email protected] or Fax: 011 709 4465
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of proof of identity (ID or passport)
- Certified copies of Matric certificate and official university transcript / certificates / registration