Website Mediclinic Southern Africa
Expertise you can trust
Mediclinic Southern Africa invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021/2022 Academic Year.
Mediclinic Southern Africa is a private hospital group operating in South Africa and Namibia focused on providing acute care, specialist-orientated, multi-disciplinary hospital services and related service offerings. We place science at the heart of our care process by striving to provide evidence-based care of the highest standard. The group currently operates 53 private hospitals and five day clinics throughout South Africa and three hospitals in Namibia with more than 8 000 beds in total. Mediclinic Southern Africa is a wholly owned subsidiary of the international private healthcare group Mediclinic International PLC, listed on the LSE (London Stock Exchange) with a secondary listing on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and the NSX (Namibian Stock Exchange).
Mediclinic Southern Africa are inviting Doctors who wish to complete their studies towards specified specialist or sub-specialist course or programme, accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
Applicants can read about the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) here.
The bursary value will be determined by the needs of the bursary recipient. The bursary award payment will be made to the hosting university directly. Bursary recipients must submit their academic progress reports/ transcripts every year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. Selection will be made by and at the sole discretion of Mediclinic’s selection committe.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- You must be a Doctor registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa)
- You must be registered for a specialist or sub-specialist course, accredited by the HPCSA
- You must have been offered a numbered training post, within a training institution that is recognised for specialist or sub-specialist training
- You must comply with all the requirements for the specialist or sub-specialist qualification
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online here: Mediclinic Bursary Application
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Full detailed Curriculum vitae
- Official letter of request as motivation for your application
- Proof of HPCSA registration
- Letter of support from your University (must cover the following topics: whether it is an unfunded or self-funded post, whether a training number is available for the specified post, whether you as the applicant qualify for the post, whether you are the applicant recommended for the proposed course).