Website Mandela Rhodes Foundation
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation offers young leaders from across the African continent a chance to become part of Nelson Mandela’s legacy of transformative impact.
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Bursary Programme 2021. The Mandela Rhodes Foundation inviting qualified individuals to apply for the Mandela Rhodes scholarships programme each year. The MRF scholarships programme provides financial support for postgraduate studies as well as a leadership development programme that aims to strengthen leadership skills in Africa. This scholarship is for postgraduate study (Honours and Masters degrees) in any field, with the exception of MBAs. The Scholarship must be taken up for study at any recognised South African institution of higher education.
- The tuition and registration fees as set by the institution
- Study materials allowance
- Accommodation, meal allowances and medical aid allowance which are all set by the MRF
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars (only the fare from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree) and
- A personal allowance set by MRF
- Must be a South African Citizens Or Citizen from all the countries of the African continent
- Postgraduate students at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Between the ages of 19 and 29 years old (and must be under the age of 30 at the time you take up the scholarship)
- Possession of a first degree or equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by January 2022
- Must have above-average academic records
- Must intend on studying towards a Postgraduate qualification (Honours degree or Masters degree only).
- Must study at a recognised institution of higher education in South Africa
- Attendance to all compulsory elements of MRF’s leadership development programme which may occur during the week or on weekends.
- Must show potential to embody the MRF’s founding principles (education, leadership, entrepreneurship, reconciliation)
- Must have SAQA verification of your qualifications if you are shortlisted, not required for initial scholarship application (see if your qualification is SAQA verified at www.saqa.org.za
How to apply
All applicants who meet the eligibility criteria must apply online at www.mandelarhodes.org/scholarship/apply.
Submit a clear copy of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form:
- A certified copy of your ID document
- A certified copy of your passport, if not an SA citizen
- A certified copy of your Degree certificate
- Transcripts of your academic results
- Details of your proposed course of study (university application is not required, but it is recommended that you apply to more than 1 university ASAP)
- Three (3) recommendation letters from people who know you and your character well. (recommenders must submit their letters via the application platform before you can submit your full application)
- Two (2) short essays. One about your own personal journey, and another one on a specific question regarding MRF principles.
Coralie Valentyn, Programme Associate on Tel: 021 424 3346 or Email: [email protected]