Website Pilbara Minerals Limited
Pilbara Minerals is an emerging lithium and tantalum producer focused on the development of its world-class 100% owned Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project, located approximately 120kms from Port Hedland in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Pilbara Minerals is an ASX top 200 Australian mining company and is set to become one of the biggest lithium raw materials producers in the world.
The Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum operation is located 120kms south of Port Hedland, is one of the most exciting new mines in Western Australia and has an expected mine life of 23 years.
From first drill hole to production in under four years, we are an innovative young business looking for great people to join our team in powering a sustainable future.
This is an outstanding career opening to join us in a senior site leadership position that will be pivotal with shaping the future success of the company.
The Manager – Technical Services is accountable for managing the continuous improvement in plant operating strategy to inform optimised production levels at optimum cost while meeting agreed quality targets.
Key focus areas of the role:
- Define and plan operating strategies that will deliver optimised plant via stability, grade, recovery, throughput, and cost
- Champion a high degree of integration between processing, geological and mining departments to develop a true culture of mine-to-mill.
- Investigate and recommend initiatives to improve process performance, recovery, metallurgical blend and product delivery to support development of potential, new or growing product markets.
- Proactive promotion of safety, health and environment practices.
- Management of costs, budget, schedules, production, metallurgical balance and laboratory services
- Leading and managing the Technical Services department.
This position offers a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to demonstrate excellent leadership while being hands-on and influential across the site. Additionally, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make their mark by optimising plant performance and be recognised for making a difference.
Currently this position has seven (7) direct reports at site and has some input into corporate matters.
The site workforce is expected to increase in size over the next few years as we embark on the stage two expansion to increase processing capacity and further unlock the value of the deposit.
We are seeking an astute and credible leader who knows how to get the best out of a multi-disciplinary team.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree in Metallurgy, Minerals Processing or Chemical Engineering. Additional further studies would be advantageous.
- Recent experience in a similar role in the mining industry is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of mineral processing, systems and fixed plant operation using crushing, milling, gravity and flotation.
- Working knowledge of the MSIA Act, regulations, standards and codes of practice.
- Previous experience with heavy media separation and optimising oxide flotation processes are desirable but not essential.
- A proactive, collaborative and engaging leadership style.
- An individual who can effectively manage relationships, build networks and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
- Good numerical, reasoning, judgement, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced user of Windows-based computing software packages.
- A current drivers licence.
Location and Roster
Candidates who are currently living in Australia, Africa, Europe, North America or Asia will be considered.
This position is offered FIFO from Perth, Western Australia on a 8/6 roster, with some flexibility when needed.
At site you will enjoy our newly built infrastructure and fantastic onsite recreational facilities.
This is a permanent position offering an attractive remuneration package including short and long-term incentives. Interstate and international candidates will be considered and relocation assistance will be provided if required. Visa sponsorship will also be provided for the successful candidate, if needed.
As a values-led organisation, we stand for:
- Great people.
- Think, do, achieve.
- Safety matters.
- Quality products.
- Valuing our partners.
- Making a difference in the world.
Pilbara Minerals recognises that talented people come from diverse backgrounds, who can contribute to our successes in different ways. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly recommend women and Australian Indigenous people to apply.
How to Apply
Queries can be directed to: Shireen DuPreez, Principal Consultant on +61 (0)414 767 821 or via LinkedIn.
When submitting an application please include a cover letter and current resume.
All communications will be handled in strict confidence.