Website Old Mutual South Africa
Old Mutual Limited is a premium pan-African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries. We have been helping our customers achieve their lifetime financial goals for over 170 years by investing their funds in ways that create positive futures for them, their families, their communities and broader society.
Lead the technical investigations team, with specific focus on accident reconstruction using the most advanced techniques to ensure the correct claims are paid timeously.
- Lead the technical investigations team throughout the entire value chain from data extraction, analysis, reconstruction and report writing
- Investigate and analyse accidents, reconstruct accidents sites and vehicles involved to determine cause and fault.
- Perform data extraction and collection including (but not limited to) on-board diagnostics (OBD), controller area network (CAN) bus, crash data recorder (CDR), infotainment systems and physical evidence collection at the scene and the vehicles involved in the accidents.
- Use various computer analysis programs and calculations to determine the cause of the accidents and to verify the circumstances surrounding accidents
- Prepare and present written reports on findings of accidents in order to assist with the decision of indemnifying clients on valid claims.
- Assist with the determination of accident causes so to increase the third party recoveries where applicable.
- Offer expert testimony in legal proceedings when claim decisions are tested.
- Ensure that the Ombudsman for Short Term Insurance (OSTI) overturn rates are minimised.
- Analyse and evaluate business processes, implement and manage actions to streamline processes, improve operational efficiencies, and identify opportunities for reducing operational costs.
- Manage and drive quality and customer service standards.
- Design and implement action plans to contribute towards the organizational strategy and link setting of standards, targets and overall objectives towards the achievement of the organizational strategy.
- Produce and analyse weekly/monthly KPI’s, dashboards and analytics to measure and improve performance.
- Address resource inefficiencies, promote multi-skilling and address capacity gaps by reviewing and improving work processes.
Continuous improvement to ensure effective service
- Ensure statutory and legislative knowledge is always current in order to resolve customer complaints, to advise the business on corrective solutions to mitigate risks and to improve the customer experience whilst complying with governance requirements.
- Ensure adherence to organisational policies, practices, guides, mandates and procedures.
- Keep up to date with all regulations governing the roads and the use thereof in South Africa
Service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain service, quality and desired outputs within a specific functional process through ensuring compliance to tactical policies, procedures and standards.
- Establish productive operational relationships with key stakeholders in the various channels and administrative teams.
- Develop work routines in line with operational plans / schedules in order to manage achievement of service delivery goals.
- Share knowledge on, and participate in the creation of new standards, control systems and procedures to maintain service delivery.
Cost control and governance adherence
- Proactively ensure use of time, of resources, money, materials or equipment is in line with policies and procedures.
- Comply with corporate governance policies, procedures and standards.
- Operate within agreed mandates.
Quality people practices
- Align own behaviour with the organisation culture and values.
- Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Ensure achievement of own performance objectives.
- Actively share information with other team members regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas.
- Actively participate in own professional development and career path.
Actively promote a culture of learning and high performance culture amongst team members.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification in general insurance.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in applying investigation techniques in order to validate claims.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in the general insurance claims industry
- Certification or accreditation in accident reconstruction.
- Certification or accreditation in technical investigations.