Website Kantey & Templer
Kantey & Templer is a multi-disciplinary engineering services company.
Kantey & Templer invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Bursary Programme for 2022 academic year in South Africa.
About Kantey & Templer
Kantey & Templer is a multi-disciplinary engineering services company. We provide professional engineering and managerial expertise, and through sound corporate governance and staff excellence, we convert engineering concepts into reality. Kantey & Templer Consulting Engineers was founded in March 1953 when university colleagues; Basil Kantey and Gerry von Geusau established the firm specialising in Civil, Structural and Geotechnical services. The firms’ first office was based in Cape Town and it soon established a good technical reputation for engineering projects in the reclaimed Foreshore area of the Cape Town CBD. The technical expertise continued to grow with the early involvement of Colin Templer and legendary Geologist Tony Brink.
Kantey & Templer are inviting students to apply for their Bursary and Educational Assistance Scheme, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is aimed at Engineering students, who are deserving of funding – proven by academic merit and financial circumstances
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a BSc degree or technical diploma in one of these fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will generally cover full tuition fees, an allowance for textbook and study materials, and in exceptional cases, an accommodation allowance. The bursary value will be determined based on the qualification merits and the course fees.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time, and are renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
On completion of the qualification, bursary recipients will be required to work at Kantey & Templer for the equal duration of the bursary award. Applicants may also be required to do vacation work in the June/ July and December/ January holidays.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback by 30 November 2021 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications (BSc degree or technical diploma)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students who have completed their first year of study (however, first year students are also welcome to apply)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- Students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Download and complete the Kantey & Templer Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, students can contact the Kantey & Templer Cape Town office to request an application form (Email: [email protected] or Telephone: 021 405 9600).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including latest results, if currently studying (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of admission or registration at University or University of Technology
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 021 419 6774
Kantey & Templer (Pty) Ltd
P O Box 3132