Website John Thompson - A division of ACTOM (Pty) Ltd
John Thompson is a leader in energy and environmental solutions through value engineering and innovation.
John Thompson Apprenticeships 2021. John Thompson A division of ACTOM (Pty) Ltd invites applicants to apply for Apprenticeship Programme in Bellville Office, Western Cape.
John Thompson is a leader in energy and environmental solutions through value engineering and innovation. John Thompson is firmly focussed on serving global and local markets and offers the following products and services: design, engineering, manufacture, construction, repairs, maintenance, retrofit, installation and commissioning of industrial water-tube and packaged fire-tube boilers and industrial environmental solutions. We offer a comprehensive range of air filtration and dust collection equipment for emission control, gas cleaning and product recovery for both utility and industrial plants. John Thompson also provides outsourced steam solutions to its customers.
APPRENTICES (BOILERMAKING AND WELDING)(WESTERN CAPE ONLY)
- Minimum qualification
- Standard 10/Grade 12 Technical with Metal Work. Welders Theory and Maths (No Maths Literacy) and Physical Science or
- Standard 10/Grade 12 Academic with Maths (No Maths Literacy) and Physical Science or
- N2 Trade Theory Subjects (Platers Theory or
- Welders Theory with Maths, Engineering Science and Platers Drawings ) or
- NCV (National Certificate Vocational) Level 4 Fabrication (No Maths Literacy).
- Medically fit for relevant trades
- Must have engineering interest
- No experience required. as training will be provided to the successful candidates.
- Candidates will undergo a Psychometric Test and once successful, employed on a three month evaluation period as unskilled workers. Upon successful completion of the evaluation period JT Management shall offer apprenticeships to applicants who have, within Management’s discretion, proven their potential to successfully complete an apprenticeship.
- Candidates will be situated at John Thompson Bellville office.
- Only candidates who reside in the Western Cape may apply.
- A maximum 4 page CV with academic results & certificates must be attached.
- Kindly note: No Electrical/Diesel/ Fitting &Turning/ Motor/ ND or Qualified Artisans will be considered.
Interviews will take place at our Bellville Office.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE, CV’s without certificates will be disqualified
Applications accompanied by a cover letter, indication position applied for and a current CV and certified certificates, may be forwarded to the Senior HR Officer’s attention at PO Box 129, Bellville 7535 or e-mailed to the Senior HR Officer at Huma[email protected]