Visa Inc. is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Foster City, California, United States.
Job Vacancy at Visa, Senior Director, Digital Partnerships and Ventures. Visa South Africa invites applicants to apply for
Digital Partnerships and Ventures job in Johannesburg.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second.
The Senior Director, Digital Partnerships and Ventures SSA, is responsible for identifying and implementing complex and strategic partnership opportunities with organizations of all sizes within the SSA geography. The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The role will report to the VP, Digital Partnerships Fintech & Ventures CEMEA and will work closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
- Develop the overall SSA Segment/Regional strategy, specifically for Digital Partnerships and Ventures initiatives
- Identify strategic opportunities in SSA for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the Segment/Region and customer’s business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms.
- Continuously review SSA landscape, identifying and developing strategic partnerships, venture or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts in SSA
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met and manage the executive relationships within the client
- Working with the innovation team: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client’s business
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
- Structure, negotiate and close partnership deals
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Report to and interact with SSA Leadership teams and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Proactively educate the SSA BD organization on market developments and partner opportunities
- A minimum of 15 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
- Deep understanding of SSA payment landscape and Business Development proven record in the region.
- Payments or financial services industry experience required
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- Team oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to influence and work within matrixed environment
Job Number: REF34356N
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.