Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American technology company. Its services include ride-hailing, food delivery, package delivery, couriers, freight transportation, and, through a partnership with Lime, electric bicycle and motorized scooter rental.
Job Vacancy at Uber South Africa, Communications Manager. Uber South Africa invites applicants to apply for Communications Manager job in Gauteng.
Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American technology company. Its services include ride-hailing, food delivery, package delivery, couriers, freight transportation, and, through a partnership with Lime, electric bicycle and motorized scooter rental. At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
About the job
About The Role
The most successful technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who can effectively engage with business, technical, consumer and all audiences alike, helping them understand the magic behind and the benefits of the products they use. Proactive storytelling empowers users and other important stakeholders to make informed decisions, drives awareness, usage of our products and builds on a good reputation.
What You’ll Do
For that, we need strong and lasting relationships with the news outlets and journalists in every city where we operate. Also, it’s about being creative and disruptive in how we tell our story, including the use of social media and working with cross-functional teams to develop campaigns that will make positive regulatory cases. We are looking for someone to support communications in South Africa, based in Johannesburg. You will report directly to our Head of Communications, Middle East and Africa. This role will involve:
- Establishing Uber’s brand and profile with the media and third parties in this region;
- Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing and food delivery—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and their audiences;
- Developing and leading Uber’s external communication to support our relationships and partnerships with local governments, third-party groups, users, and regulators;
- Support our efforts in diversity and inclusion inside and outside the company.
- A PR professional with proven experience in communications, public relations, policy, and/or journalism
- A self-starter who can shape our storytelling to the world, requiring the ability to develop relationships, set a strategy, and execute
- A proven track record working on communications initiatives involving corporate, policy, and crisis communications
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written, is essential
- Highly adaptable and calm under pressure
- A fact-finder who loves to get into the details, who can distill complex ideas into simple, intellectually credible narratives
- A connected communicator with a deep network of positive relationships across the media landscape that you’ll use for storytelling in a compelling way
- A team player who enjoys working with others to get stuff done
To apply for this job please visit www.uber.com.