Website Tomorrow Trust
Tomorrow Trust is a proudly South African non-profit organisation. It was founded in 2005 to provide holistic support to orphaned and vulnerable children, helping them on their journey towards a comprehensive and integrated education. We work with government, business, and ordinary South Africans to realise the vision of a society with conscious and holistically educated leaders.
Job Vacancy at Tomorrow Trust, Youth Development Programme Lead. The Tomorrow Trust invites applicants to apply for Development Programme Lead job in South Africa.
The Tomorrow Trust is a proudly South African non-profit organisation. It was founded in 2005 to provide holistic support to orphaned and vulnerable children, helping them on their journey towards a comprehensive and integrated education. We work with government, business, and ordinary South Africans to realise the vision of a society with conscious and holistically educated leaders. We design and deliver world-class holistic education programmes supporting orphaned and vulnerable children and youth- From the Playground to their Professions
Reporting to: Tertiary Lead
The Youth Development Programme Lead will be responsible for the design, planning and delivery of career programmes from Grade 8 to Tertiary aligned with the organisations vision and mission. This role will include providing counselling and support to current tertiary students. It will also include the provision of life skills that support the holistic development of our beneficiaries and prepare them to enter their next professional stage.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Contribute to development, refinement and execution of business strategies.
- Counselling skills and student management
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive career programme to Grade 8 to Tertiary aimed at delivering evidence based, world class programming.
- Implementing and management of our mentorship programme.
- Contributing, presenting and creating to psychosocial topics and dialogues that build best practise in education in South Africa.
- Monitoring and evaluating outcome of their projects.
- Writing reports.
- Social media blogs and write ups.
- Working closely with donors and stakeholders.
- Understanding on the Tertiary sector and institutes.
- Implementation and management of Tertiary 10 hour give back programme.
- Implementation and management of Tutoring programme for Grade 8- 12.
BEHAVIOUR AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures
- Research skills and ability to structure, organise and analysis information.
- Compete, self –motivated, honest, integrity and highly creative
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Self-Starting rather than accepting passively
- Highly passionate about education and making a change
- Team worker and contributes to a kindness caring working environment.
- Self- motivated- must have the ability to prioritise workload and continue without instructions at time.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and motivated to make a difference in the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children lives.
- Can adjust easily to change.
- Must be open to travel to other provinces.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same or similar role.
- A Psychology degree is a minimum requirement, either Counselling or Educational
- CPD Compliance Certificate
- Understanding of referral pathways for counselling support.
- A valid driver’s licence
- Highly computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate at all levels.
- Understanding of LPCAT and other career assessments in the market.
Interested parties should submit their CV with a 1 page cover letter.
All application should be submitted by email to [email protected]
Please ensure the subject line states: Youth Development Application
All short listed candidates will be provided with a 30minute scenario questionnaire when they came in for
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
Should you not receive a direct response please consider your application unsuccessful