Website South African Education Project (SAEP)
SAEP is an award-winning non-profit dedicated to serving children and youth in the impoverished informal settlements (townships) of Cape Town through academic support and personal development programmes.
Job Vacancy at South African Education Project (SAEP), Social Worker. The South African Education Project (SAEP) invites applicants to apply for Social Worker job in Cape Town.
SAEP is an award-winning non-profit dedicated to serving children and youth in the impoverished informal settlements (townships) of Cape Town through academic support and personal development programmes. SAEP helps beneficiaries realise their potential by helping them build academic and life skills, preparing them for productive employment and as contributors and leaders in South Africa’s economic and social development.
The successful candidate will be mainly responsible for supporting students in our Bridging Year and Tertiary Support Programmes (as well as children in pre-school, primary and high school programmes).
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree (BSW) or higher
- Registration with the SACSSP
- At least 3 years Social Work experience
- Preferred skills in Youth and Group Work, Gender Based Violence, working with Families and Child Protection
- Time management skills
- Work independently and under pressure.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good administrative and computer skills
- Responsible and accountable
- Strengths in teamwork
- Emotional maturity / stability
- Competent in written and spoken IsiXhosa and English. Ability to speak Afrikaans would be an advantage
- Driver’s License
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participate in the Bridging Recruitment Process
- Scheduling counselling appointments
- Planning and facilitating therapeutic Group Work sessions
- Identifying appropriate community service placements for students
- Developing partnerships
- Responding to queries from other organisations regarding services
- Providing students with career advice
- Assisting students with application to tertiary institutions
- Liaison with supervisors regarding counselling
- Refer clients to other resources where appropriate and report any Child Protection cases
- Ensure follow ups and referrals are made where necessary
- Comprehensive assessment of client needs
Please submit your application (including CV, references and a motivational covering letter) to Tara Appalraju – [email protected]