Website Santam Insurance
Santam SI Investments Group is a specialist insurance structuring financial institution offering partners and clients individually designed financial solutions.
Job Vacancy at Santam Insurance, Company Secretary. Santam Insurance invites applicants to apply for Company Secretary Job in Sandton, Gauteng.
Santam SI Investments Group is a specialist insurance structuring financial institution offering partners and clients individually designed financial solutions. The company uses a portfolio of on and offshore insurance licenses and a highly specialised skill set to create tailored financial solutions aimed at optimising capital structures and enhancing profitability. We are the largest general insurer in South Africa, with a market share in excess of 22.5%, providing short-term insurance products through broker networks and direct sales channels. Established in 1918, we offer personal, commercial, and corporate insurance solutions. Santam is a subsidiary of Sanlam Limited and has been listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) since 1964.
About the job
Santam SI Investments Group has an exciting position available for a Company Secretary. This position will be based in Gauteng, Sandton and will report to the Executive Head of Operations.
We are seeking to employ a highly professional, driven individual to take responsibility for the company secretarial function and all its related accountabilities.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Performing company secretarial responsibilities for Santam SI Investments and its South African subsidiaries.
- Providing legal and governance support and advice to the board and providing directors with guidance in their duties, responsibilities and powers. This includes arranging induction and training of directors.
- Remaining abreast of developments in corporate governance, ensuring that the company and directors adhere to the highest governance standards as detailed in King IV.
- Assisting with the formulation of agendas and compiling of pre-reading for board and committee meetings.
- Preparing minutes of proceedings and draft resolutions.
- Communicating board decisions to relevant stakeholders and following up on board-related action items.
- Liaising with regulators, external advisors and relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing relevant sections of the annual financial statements, regulatory reports, Notice of AGM, ancillary documentation and ensuring that regulatory deadlines are met.
- Secure compliance with the Companies Act and the companys’ Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI).
- Accountability for ensuring that all submissions relating to directors and key persons are made to the CIPC, Prudential Authority and Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
- Continuous updates of the company’s Delegation of Authority, as required by good corporate governance.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Chartered accountant / Lawyer (LLB and/or similar qualification) or degree preferably with CIS or ICSA qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position or operating on a similar level
- Financial services industry experience
- A wealth of knowledge and experience in drafting board resolutions, compliance and accreditation
- An understanding of the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organisations, both internally and externally
Knowledge And Skills
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to detail
- Deadline Driven
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Collaboration and client centric
- Results driven
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cultivating Innovation
- Planning and Alignment
- Balancing Stakeholders
- Ability to manage complexity
To apply for this job please visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za.