Website Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways serves more than 150 key business and leisure destinations worldwide, with a fleet of over 200 aircraft. The airline flies to Australia, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America, and South America.
Job Vacancy at Qatar Airways, Cargo Sales Manager. Qatar Airways invites applicants to apply for Cargo Sales Manager in Johannesburg.
Qatar Airways is the national airline of the State of Qatar. Based in Doha, the Airline’s trendsetting on-board product focuses on: comfort, fine cuisine, the latest in-flight audio & video entertainment, award-winning service and a modern aircraft fleet averaging around 5 years of age.
Manage the Direct Cargo Sales and Marketing activities of Qatar Airways Cargo in the assigned Station.
Represent Qatar Airways Cargo in Local Sales Related Cargo Community Events.
- Plan, direct and control all Selling and Marketing Activities of the station and penetrate the Local Market to secure new sources of revenue.
- Meet and/or exceed the set Cargo Revenue Targets.
- Assist RCM in preparing and controlling the Revenue and Cost Budget.
- Prepare a Business and Marketing Plan in order to optimize revenue opportunities and maximize QR’s presence in the market.
- Negotiate short, medium and long term pricing initiatives to mutual benefit which are consistent with the station’s revenue goals and pricing guidelines.
- Direct Sales Visits with Freight Forwarding community in local region
- Research and report other airline practices and recommend corrective action. Evaluate QR’s Market Share, traffic movements to/from the station and other airline practices. Identify areas of concern and instigate remedial action.
- Ensure QR’s participation in Sales Campaigns and Public Events, collecting Sales Leads for circulation to concerned departments and stations. Liaise with Marketing Department to obtain technical assistance.
- Analyze Key Market Data, i.e. CASS, World ACD, Local Airport, etc.
- Weekly Sales Reporting to RCM
- Monthly Sales Reporting to RCM
- To manage customer service data base for station customers.
- To ensure all agent / freight forwarder queries are answered with effective solutions on time.
- Monitor customer complaints for any trends and where appropriate initiate corrective action plan with respective areas responsible.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Marketing and Sales experience
- Commercial acumen and ability to spot market and industry trends
- Knowledge of cargo operations
- 5 years of job-related experience required
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.