Website Marcopolo South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Marcopolo was founded in 1949 and is listed on the Brazilian Stock Exchange; and over the past 70 years has evolved and migrated on a worldwide scale to become an industry leader, producing more than 350,000 units on five continents - a world-class benchmark.
Job Vacancy at Marcopolo South Africa (Pty) Ltd, Accountant. Marcopolo South Africa (Pty) Ltd invites applicants to apply for Accountant job in Germiston, Gauteng.
Marcopolo was founded in 1949 and is listed on the Brazilian Stock Exchange; and over the past 70 years has evolved and migrated on a worldwide scale to become an industry leader, producing more than 350,000 units on five continents – a world-class benchmark. Concurrently, Marcopolo South Africa (also known as MASA) has witnessed an exponential growth in its operations as a result of enhanced tender attainment and customer loyalty in a country that has taken Marcopolo to its heart and that offers an abundance of export opportunities too.
About the job
· Management Accounting
– Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor;
– Analyzing data collected and recording results;
– Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
– Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
– Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
– Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
– Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
– Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
– Maintaining Cost Accounting System
– Assisting in month end close of the General Ledger
– Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
– Reconciles finished goods inventories
· Financial Accounting
– Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
– Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
– Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
– Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
– Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
– Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
– Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
– Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
– Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
– Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.