Website Isibani Development Partners
Isibani Development Partners is a vibrant and a reputable organization that strive to provide leadership and innovative healthcare services.
Job Vacancy at Isibani, Quality Improvement Officers. Isibani Development Partners invites applicants to apply for Improvement Officers job in Sub-district level: Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni districts.
Isibani Development Partners is a vibrant and a reputable organization that strive to provide leadership and innovative healthcare services. An organization with a team that has successfully worked in Capacity Building and Health related projects with organizational partners and Department of Health.
The quality improvement officer will work closely with the Isibani QI Advisor, programme managers as well as subdistrict QI teams to implement, document, and report quality improvement (QI) activities, as per the National Department of Health TB Framework and Strategic Plan. S/He will also work with the relevant stakeholders in the subdistricts to improve the quality of health care services in target facilities. The Officer’s primary role is to support and ensure that healthcare workers within their facilities comply with care standards and quality key performance indicators.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and address QI capacity building needs for the Subdistrict Quality Improvement Teams and Facility based improvement teams to promote the implementation of the NDoH TB QI model and approach (Model for improvement) across TB programme in the subdistrict health interventions.
- Support the QI Advisor in coordinating, facilitating, and tracking monthly facility performance review and quality improvement activities, in close collaboration with the respective subdistrict teams.
- Conducting regular data quality and clinical audits in collaboration with relevant team members
- Conduct monthly integrated QI coaching and mentorship activities for the health facilities in the respective sub district based on performance data.
- Coordinate targeted QI coaching activities for health facility teams to design, implement, monitor, document, and report QI activities.
- Support and facilitate subdistrict and Facility QI team meetings and implementation of their QI plans.
- Regularly attend QI meetings at facility, sub-district level, for feedback and ongoing assessment of QI needs
- Provide support for reporting subdistrict QI activities, results and sharing during the learning sessions in accordance with the NDoH TB framework and strategic plan.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and tracking of monthly, quarterly, and annual QI activity reports and plans (workplans)
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of QI related activities, progress, successes, lessons learned, and best practices
- Support the use of prescribed data tools to track progress of QI projects at subdistrict and facility level.
- Develop and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the sub district management and Isibani QI advisor.
Education and Experience
- At least a three (3) years tertiary qualification in Nursing, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a public health sector and NGO setting
- Experience in TB and HIV prevention and management
- Experience in district health data management systems (i.e.TIER.net, Web-DHIS, THIS data)
- Valid driver’s license
Key skills and competencies
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral forms
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analysis data using MS Excel are required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software, especially Excel
- Ability to travel within the district.
- Conversant with South Africa’s National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs 2017-2022 (NSP) and the Treatment and Retention Acceleration Plan (TRAP)
Suitable candidates to send applications at [email protected]
Subject line:” QI Officer QI003”
Closing date: Sunday, 25 July 2021
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified