Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions.
Job Opportunity at Syngenta ,Vendor Scheduler (Back fill). Ensure efficient and achievable vendor schedules for a number of allocated & non allocated AI, raw materials & packaging material
- Closely monitor the result of Material Replenishment Planning (MRP) by analysing the system generated material requirement plan report.
- Purchasing of Raw materials.
- The Vendor scheduler is accountable and responsible to maintain a balanced supply schedule and ensures coordination with the Asset Planner
- Work closely with the Asset Planner, understand supply requirements with given monthly production plan.
- Check gSAP system for MRP updating, review the correctness of material requirement plan after MRP run.
- Review the correctness of the rolling material forecast to supplier in close collaboration with the Asset Planner
- Verify purchased stock accuracy with the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Timely communicate with all internal stakeholders and Asset Planner any material constraints and possible customer sales losses in order to reprioritise the plan.
- Identify future supply constraints before they become current problems. Develops options for their resolution which preserve promised customer delivery dates as far as possible.
- Provides accurate and detailed information on a permanent basis, for projection and monitoring of stocks.
- Maintains permanent planning parameters of his portfolio. Is responsible for order placement with the vendor in line with agreed lead-times. Provides feedback to Asset Planners, if deadlines cannot be met and strives to find solutions to overcome shortages.
- Organise elimination of Slow- and No-Movers at first opportunity.
- Strives to cut down Lead-times at the benefit of the overall supply chain.
- Knows suppliers capabilities in terms of capacity and lead-times.
- Reports unpaid invoices to Asset Planner & Finance to initiate clearance for payment.
- Participates in and provides input to multifunctional teams (e.g. new product launches) and monitors stock/supply in case of phase-outs.
- Maintains the SLA’s with all suppliers and manage complaints using the Global Complaints System according to Syngenta procedures.
- Takes personal responsibility for HSE&Q
Knowledge & capabilities
Critical knowledge & experience
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification, Diploma or Degree in Purchasing
- Minimum 3 years experience in scheduling/ purchasing in a chemical manufacturing or manufacturing environment as an added advantage.
- Good knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and methodologies including MRP.
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications and SAP R/3
- Good knowledge of supply chain processes and workflow
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Ability to analyse data trends to understand supply chain effectiveness
- Problem Solving Ability
- Demonstrated ability to get results in a crisp decisive manner
- Good cooperation and coordination skills
- Strong analytical thinking ability
- Ability to work well under stressful conditions
- Action oriented & delivery focussed
- Good communication skills in order to interface with Global Purchasing, Suppliers, Plants, Asset planners.
- Capability to contribute to continuous improvements. Analytical thinking (workflow process).
- Good interpersonal relationships and capability to operate in a matrix organisation
To apply for this job please visit syngenta.taleo.net.