The Southern African NGO Network (SANGONeT) was founded in 1987. Over the past 26 years SANGONeT has developed into a dynamic civil society organisation with a history closely linked to the social and political changes experienced by South Africa during its transition to democracy.
Job Opportunity at SANGONeT, Web Designer and Facilitator Intern. SANGONeT invites applicants to apply for Designer and Facilitator Intern Job Vacancy.
The Southern African NGO Network (SANGONeT) was founded in 1987. Over the past 26 years SANGONeT has developed into a dynamic civil society organisation with a history closely linked to the social and political changes experienced by South Africa during its transition to democracy. SANGONeT is still one of very few NGOs in Africa involved in the field of information communication technologies (ICTs) and continues to serve civil society with a wide range of ICT products and services.
Purpose of the Position:
To ensure that organizations obtain, improve, and retain the ICT skills, knowledge, tools needed to develop competencies that make NGOs more effective and sustainable, thus increasing their potential to enrich lives and solve society’s problems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To conduct online research regarding developmental publications, events and opportunities
- To manage a Global Developmental Calendar on a daily basis
- Create a detailed draft of the website, outlining the various web pages according to client specification to meet their needs
- Design graphics, page layouts, and animation, and manipulate images to suit web pages, and enhance its entire beauty to create visual appeal
- Assist clients in registering their preferred domain names; give suggestions and assist with the hosting of their websites on credible platforms
- Assist clients in registering their preferred email addresses in line with the domain name
- Be informed of the latest design software so as to improve in knowledge and skills, and be able to create better design quality
- Ensure websites are designed in line with the client company’s brand image, its target audience, and its philosophy, amongst other things, to boost company goals
- Conduct Computer based training for groups of clients and beneficiaries.
- Conduct website development and maintenance training for groups of clients/NGOs
- Assist Coordinator in conducting Social Media Training for clients/NGOs from time to time.
- Manage the payment processes through scheduling due payments; follow up on clients; documenting the accounts opened – in liaison with the Administrator;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Management
- Ability to do online research on publications
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- For equity purposes, female candidates have an added advantage.
- IT Degree or Diploma
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Products, Gmail and Google Apps
- Knowledge of Drupel products
- Training skills: ITC (ability to train and guide)
- Verbal communication and team working skills.
- Be a team player and be able to communicate with other staff members
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of Web User interface Design (UI), general web functions and standards
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, and able to work without being supervised;
- Demonstrate initiative and be innorvative;
- Understanding the Business Development principles, and demonstrate abilities to boost the organization’s market share in the ICT sector.
- Skilled in Marketing, Communications, and abilities to negotiate with clientele.
- Ability to present and train in person and virtually is an added advantage.
Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
To apply, email your application letter, CV and supporting documents to [email protected]
SANGONeT offers the ideal candidate the opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a stable and stimulating work environment.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SANGONeT reserves the right not to make any appointment.