Website Just Grace
Just Grace seeks to uplift the community of Langa through multi-faceted initiatives, forums and programmes. All of these programmes are intertwined and connected with the ultimate goal of community empowerment.
Job Opportunity at Just Grace, Chief Operating Officer. Just Grace South Africa invites applicants to apply Chief Operating Officer Job Vacancy.
Just Grace is a non-profit organisation that runs various community empowerment initiatives in Langa Township, Cape Town.
Just Grace is looking for a passionate person to join the team as a Chief Operating Officer. The COO is jointly responsible with the CEO for the attainment of the organisation’s strategic objectives with specific accountability for operational performance. Key responsibilities will include operational planning and management, financial systems oversight, contracting and relationship management, and HR management. They will ensure that the organisation has robust operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to support our mission. We are seeking an individual who is creative and entrepreneurial and also takes the initiative to propose, design and manage projects that further our mission.
- Oversight and management of the operations of Just Grace;
- Lead and manage governance processes including reporting and accountabilities in terms of legal compliance and preparation of documentation for the Board and Management Meetings;
- Lead the human resource management function, including staff development and discipline;
- Oversight of financial management, budgeting, expenditure tracking and external/internal audits;
- Ensure the continuing development, review and publication of information related to the work of Just Grace;
- Support the leadership team to monitor progress against strategic objectives and ensure operations are aligned with these;
- Support technical and programmes teams with business plans and budget development;
- Resource mobilisation – Establish and execute a fundraising strategy in consultation with the Business Development Officer, the Board and CEO;
- Ensure the development and maintenance of key multi-funder and multi-stakeholder partnerships;
- Provide leadership to formal processes of interaction with government and the private sector, and manage these relationships;
- Project management both for internal operational projects as well as design and delivery of strategic projects to further Just Grace’s mission.
- Bachelor’s, Honours or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Where the candidate has extensive demonstratable experience and excellent references as well as meets all of the other requirements, the requirement for a degree may be waived.
- Possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, Financial Management, and Operations. A minimum of 5 years of management experience across a range of non-profit or profit business disciplines.
- A high level of financial management and reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organisational change and development within a growing organisation.
- Demonstrated experience linking the operations of an organisation to support the delivery of the strategy.
- Understanding of SETAs and B-BBEE is an advantage.
- Strong MS Office skills a must, working knowledge of SharePoint is an advantage.
- A passion for community development and the NGO sector.
- Inquisitive and self-motivated learner.
- Proactive and performance orientated.
- Must be analytically minded and have excellent English writing skills, including the ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports.
- Must be highly organised, deadline-driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment, and to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the NGO sector and knowledge of donor processes/requirements.
- Fluency in an isiXhosa is advantageous.
Remuneration: Market-related. May be employed for 3-5 days per week.
Kindly note that applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “COO”.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Just Grace reserves the right not to appoint. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Just Grace reserves the right not to appoint.
For more about Just Grace, refer to justgrace.co.za