Website Columba Leadership
Columba Leadership’s belief is simple: young people already have the inner greatness and confidence to transform their own lives and the lives of those around them.
Job Opportunity at Columba Leadership, School Engagement Officer. Columba Leadership invites applicants to apply For School Engagement Officer Job Vacancy.
Columba Leadership’s belief is simple: young people already have the inner greatness and confidence to transform their own lives and the lives of those around them. Our residential Leadership Academy, followed by ongoing support, is designed to give young people the strength and courage to find their own unique voice and purpose, and thus to activate them to become agents of positive social change for themselves, their schools and their communities.
The School Engagement Officer is responsible for the school based engagements of the Columba Leadership Programme. The candidate must be able to work as a thinking and support partner to the school stakeholders (principals, educators and learners) and will play a key role in monitoring of progress, evaluating results and reporting.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for conducting Area Research
- Conduct principal information sessions to engage principals
- Enable Youth Engagement in Partner Schools: Facilitate Principal engagement together with the Provincial Manager
- Conduct educator sessions to engage educators
- Conduct learner sessions to engage learners
- Communicate with Principals, Educators and Learners on an ongoing basis
- Stakeholder engagement with the Department of Education, Investors, Government Representatives – at a high level
- Implement Monitoring and Evaluation plan with support from Monitoring and Evaluation Team
- Prepare and submit reports to Provincial Manager
- Transcribe recorded interviews
- Contribute to provincial reports for investors identifying and sharing positive stories
- Provide corporate engagement support during school visits
- Activate and mobilise School Clusters: Facilitation of cluster sessions
- Involvement in Youth Connexion events
Minimum Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Must be in possession of a Bachelor of Psychology or a Bachelor of Education Degree or a Social Sciences Degree
- Coaching/Mentoring Qualification will be an added advantage
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience working in schools at a Principal and Educator level
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient in MS Office and competence in MS Projects advantageous
- Excellent report writing skills essential
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Good interpersonal skills, have the ability to take initiative and be a team player
- Ability to work independently
- Adaptabilitiy and ability to work in a fluid environment
- Planning skills
- Administratively strong
Interested parties should consider their current strengths in view of the requirements of this position and their willingness to commit to the above. If interested CV applications, together with a letter of motivation, should be submitted to [email protected]
Note that an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Should you not be contacted within one month of the closing date, please consider the position filled.