Website Jendamark Automation
At Jendamark, we are as passionate about people as we are about technology.
Jendamark Automation Mechanical Design Internships 2021/2022. Jendamark Automation invites applicants to apply for Mechanical Design Graduate / Internship Programme in Port Elizabeth.
As a global tech company, Jendamark Automation combines over 25 years’ experience in industrial automation with forward-thinking Industry 4.0 technologies. Headquartered in South Africa, with offices in Germany and manufacturing facilities in India, our world-class assembly solutions and special-purpose machines serve mainly the automotive and aerospace sectors and can be found in 18 countries worldwide.
- Formal tertiary education: N.Dip or higher in Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics degree
- Drivers License: Code 8 – required
- English (speak, read and write)
- Afrikaans (speak, read and write)
- German (advantageous)
- Basic hand sketching skills
- Basic understanding in concept development
- Basic machine calculations & FEA experience
- Basic understanding of material specification & processes
- Basic time management skills
- Must be able to operate in team environment
- To work within the Design Department team to deliver engineering designs and solutions specific to customer requirements and/or specifications
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Exposure to ECR designs & detailing for small fixtures and tools
- Exposure to design & detailing of small Special Purpose application
- With assistance, establish most effective design solution to achieve required specification
- With assistance, specify components for the purpose of procurement
- Continuously engage with Assembly and Commissioning during phases of the project
- With mentorship, be able to create design release package for manufacturing purposes
- With mentorship, be able to create final designs within a controlled budget environment
- To comply with ISO procedures with regards to project handover, concept development, design realisation, and design sign-off
- Must be a team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Actively reduce costs; provide suggestions and opportunities for cost savings
- Understand and comprehend facility purpose and objectives
- Basic calculation of stresses, forces and accuracies
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Please consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted two weeks after the closing date
To apply for this job please visit www.jendamark.co.za.