Website Ilitha Labantu
Ilitha Labantu is a social service and educational organization with a specific focus on addressing violence against women and children and supporting those affected by it.
Ilitha Labantu House Mother Vacancy. Ilitha Labantu is a social service and educational organization with a specific focus on addressing violence against women and children and supporting those affected by it. This is accomplished through individual and family counseling, workshops, skills training and empowerment, and acting as a trusted advisor in government and community processes. The client base is particularly focused amongst women living in townships and rural areas of South Africa.
Ilitha Labantu seeks to appoint a Shelter House Mother to be based at the Ilitha Labantu Transitional House in Cape Town, this position is a full-time one-year contractual post that will be renewed based on performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- General supervision of house residents
- General upkeep of the house and stock control
- Assistance with meal preparations
- Submit monthly reports
- Attend internal and external meetings as needed
- Network with other domestic violence programs and shelters
- Perform other Shelter tasks as needed, including those that arise unexpectedly.
- A minimum qualification of a Matric
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Xhosa.
- Have experience in first aid,
- to be computer literate and
- must be able handle children
- Driving (added advantage)
- Commitment to the principles of Ilitha Labantu, its aims and objectives
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Sensitivity to the challenges and problems faced by women coming to the Shelter and ability to interact appropriately with them
- Commitment to the confidentiality of the Shelter location and programs and priority of the safety of women and children in the Shelter; strict adherence to Shelter policies and procedures
- Punctual & Reliable
- Sober habits
- Available for sleep in
- Have own local accommodation for use when off duty
Closing Date: 10 February 2021
NB. Must have a Police Clearance Certificate
Terms of Employment & Salary: Market related / Negotiable, Please submit letter of application, CV and names of three references, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line; Contact person & details: Ms Zoliswa Mbekwa [email protected] or call 021 633 2383 for any further queries.
To apply for this job please visit ilithalabantu.org.