Website Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited
A South African-based gold mining company with an expanding gold-copper portfolio in Papua New Guinea.
Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Bursary Programme for 2022 Academic Year in South Africa.
Harmony, a gold mining and exploration company, conducts its activities in South Africa, one of the world’s best-known gold mining regions, and in Papua New Guinea, one of the world’s premier new gold-copper regions. With 70 years of experience, Harmony is South Africa’s largest gold producer by volume. In Papua New Guinea, our assets include the wholly-owned Hidden Valley open-pit gold-silver mine and surrounding tenure. Our growing world-class gold-copper portfolio includes 50% of the Golpu project, a wholly-owned new greenfield discovery at Kili Teke and a number of highly prospective tenements.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within core- and non-core mining disciplines, including the following fields:
Core mining disciplines:
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current only)
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Rock Engineering
Non-core mining disciplines:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend an interview and undergo a psychometric assessment. If you do not receive any feedback from Harmony within 21 days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for all subjects in Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards a qualification within one of the above fields of study
- You must be in your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- Engineering students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Current tertiary students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for all major subjects
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Preference will be given to: students who are from historically disadvantaged backgrounds, students from Harmony host communities and students who are dependents of Harmony employees
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at:
Harmony Bursary Application 2022
(Reference number: hgld_000036)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric June/ mid-year results (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Acceptance letter from your tertiary institute (on institutions letterhead)
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae (maximum 1 page)
To apply for this job please visit careers.harmony.co.za.