beBee is the world's most dynamic social network. Build professional relationships on the ideal platform for creating and sharing content. Engagement through passions.
This Fraud Analyst role forms part of the Payments, Revenue Protection and Insurance team which has group wide accountability for all matters related to Customer Payments.
Specifically, The Fraud Analyst Is Responsible For
- Identifying fraudulent transactions, keeping the losses to a minimu, whilst ensuring the operation of the business and the customer are not adversely impacted.
- Working as part of a team, using cutting edge techniques to disrupt fraudsters and minimise payment declines.
- Make recommendations for new systems and solutions to drive fraud and loss prevention and champion efficiency.
- Work on intuitive to resolve real time issues related to operation fraud and payment issues.
- Identifying high risk Internal Activities or managing payment disputes, acting as a subject matter expert in this field.
- Gathering intelligence from stakeholders and integrating this information into our fraud prevention strategy.
The Fraud Analyst will be accountable for the following activities:
- Identifying fraudulent transactions, or claims from a referral queue, quickly identifying those that require further investigation or manual review.
- Evaluating payment disputes.
- Handling customer contacts relating to revenue protection and payments.
- Identify and discuss emerging trends that should be evaluated for risk of fraud and loss, making recommendations to mitigate the highlighted risks.
- Operate within strict PCI compliant environment, ensuring adherence to data security standards.
- Question current processes and make recommendations for positive change to improve efficiency, add value or reduce risk.
- Make accurate decisions, differentiating between fraudulent and genuine transaction, ensuring the operation of the business is not disrupted and that customer experience is held front and centre.
- Manage time to ensure that resource is used most effectively.
- Work closely with IT in relation to issues such as system outages, user acceptance testing and implementation of new features.
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with both internal and external stakeholders championing the team’s activities and performance.
- Train and share expertise to new starters to the team.
- Assist police in conspiracy and money laundering investigations.
- Support any investigations that are assigned to the team.
The Chosen Candidate Should
- Focus to deliver results, work to targets, review progress and adapt their plans accordingly, motivate themselves and the team in order to achieve.
- Understand who their customers are and seek to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both employees and customers.
- Be open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity and is comfortable working in a dynamic and ambigious environment.
- Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.