Website Columbus Stainless (Pty)Ltd
Columbus Stainless, part of the Acerinox Group of companies, is the only stainless steel mill in Africa. Based in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
Columbus Stainless (Pty)Ltd invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Learnership Programme for 2021/2022 Academic Year in Steve Tshwete Local Municipality, South Africa.
Columbus Stainless, part of the Acerinox Group of companies, is the only stainless steel mill in Africa. Based in Mpumalanga, South Africa, we produce austenitic stainless steel, ferritic stainless steel and duplex stainless in plate, sheet, coil and strip. We are a major stainless steel supplier into Africa and internationally. We manufacture the most popular grades of stainless steel, such as austenitic grades 304 stainless and 316, ferritic grades 430, 444 and 441, as well as 3CR12 – a corrosion resisting steel that we developed for improved weld-ability and low cost applications. We also supply duplex stainless steel grades 2205 and 2304 in sheet and coil.
Columbus Stainless Steel has the training opportunity to launch your career for the future. Applications are invited from unemployed youth interested in being trained as an operator in a production field. Our state of the art operation awaits you.
- Grade 12 or N3 with Mathematics (40%) or Maths Literacy (60%) and Science with (40%)
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be medically fit for the training position
- Technical ability with good hand-eye coordination
- Technical ability and good hand eye coordination
- Fast learner, energetic, disciplined and good work ethic
- the motivation to learn and develop to become an equipment or process operator
- willingness to work shifts and overtime in our 24 hour operation
Upon successful completion of the 2 year (minimum) training programme, you will be awarded a MERSETA Metals Manufacturing qualification (NQF Level 2), which will equip you for the potential appointment in a metals production environment.
How to apply
NB. Preference will be given to local candidates of the Steve Tshwete municipality area
Send no more than one copy of your CV by email to: [email protected]
- indicate clearly that your application is for the MERSETA Metals Manufacturing qualification as a Learner
- Include copies of your qualifications
- Indicate Your preferred cell phone number for SMS communication.
NB. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.