Website Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr. The legal partner for your business.
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr invites Suitable Applicants to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021/2022 Academic Year.
At Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr (CDH) we believe the right partnership can lead to great things. The partnerships we cherish and value most are those we have forged through time and experience with our clients and, of course, our people. We are a full service law firm – with an extensive reach across Africa – consisting of more than 350 lawyers and a track record spanning over 167 years. We are able to provide experienced legal support and an authentic knowledge-based and cost-effective legal service for clients looking to do business in key markets across Africa. Our Africa practice brings together the resources and expertise of leading business law firms across the continent that have direct experience acting for governments, state agencies and multinational organisations. This combined experience across the continent produces an extensive African capability. We also partner with other professional disciplines such as audit, business consulting or corporate finance disciplines to provide a seamless and integrated solution for projects that have a multi-disciplinary dimension.
The companies key sectors include arbitration; finance and banking; telecommunications; oil, energy and gas; mining and minerals; hospitality and leisure; and projects and infrastructure.
Each year Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr award bursaries to deserving students (who can prove strong academic performance and financial merit) within the Law faculty. For the 2022 academic year, bursaries will be awarded for full time studies towards an LLB (Undergraduate or Postgraduate) qualification.
During the course of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to:
- Attend a vacation programmes for law students, if invited
- Submit all academic results and progress reports, if required
- Agree to a right of first refusal regarding the Practical Vocational Training
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- You must be studying towards an LLB degree qualification (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying full time at a University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 63%
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have excellence in another field
- You must have proven financial need
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ drivers licence (certified copy)
- Matric certificates (certified copy)
- Full University academic record/ transcript (on institutes letterhead)
- Covering letter (including the following: why you deserve to be awarded a bursary, what is important to you in life and any other information you would like to bring attention to)
- Curriculum Vitae
To apply for this job please visit leap.ly.